IF YOU COULD ONLY PICK ONE...

taytay86

I keep hearing about Dominican conditioners and how well it works; the most popular ones I keep hearing about Silicon Mix, Alter Ego, Salerm and Miss Key 10 en 1. What are the benefits and or disadvantages of both?

Last edited:
I don't know but my favorite silicone based conditioner is by motions. I freakin loooove it. You feel and immediate change in a short period of time.

I tried Miss Key 10 en 1, Silicon Mix, and Halka Baba De Caracol. I sold the Silicon Mix, tried to sell Miss Key (currently use it as a pre-poo), and seem to really like Baba De Caracol. I love the smell, my hair is moisturized, and pretty strong. I own the rinse, too.

Silicon mix is AMAZING for rollersets! It's like it melts your hair and it leaves it very smooth and soft.

Miss Keys 10 en 1 is a great DCEr. I'd recommend trying it. I tried it once and never looked back.

I keep hearing about Dominican conditioners and how well it works; the most popular ones I keep hearing about Silicon Mix, Alter Ego, Salerm and Miss Key 10 en 1. What are the benefits and or disadvantages of both?

If I had to pick one:

definitely Alter Ego Garlic Hot Oil Treatment: moisturizing, slippy and works for dry scalp and shedding.

Miss Key Avocado acts really proteinish on me. I liked it for the ceramides, but I have something else that works better for me.I won't repurchase.

Haven't used any salerm deep conditioners

I have thought about trying silicon mix but the ingredients just turn me off, because it is mostly mineral oil and silicone with some keratin and ceramide.
If I used it it would be only for the wash before a touchup to tame new growth.

I have MILK AND HONEY, GERMAIN DE TRIGO, SILICON MIX,MISS KEY 10 en 1. I know this sounds strange..I really cannot explain which does what..it's more a "what I feel thing", but I switch them as my hair demands:perplexed. Some silken, others strengthen. I just use them in rotation.Confusing I know...they are all good.

I've tried Silicon Mix and Capilo Avocado. Silicon Mix did nothing for my hair, no softness or slip. Capilo Avocado made my hair soft, but didn't give any slip.

I've read that for relaxed ladies, Silicon Mix doesn't really do anything unless you have a loooot of newgrowth. I tried it when I hardly had any newgrowth, and I didn't like it. I'll try it another time when I have a lot, to see how it works then.

I really like the miss keys, I've never tried the others but miss keys is so good I don't need to try the others. no need to be a pj

I've tried Silicon Mix and Capilo Avocado. Silicon Mix did nothing for my hair, no softness or slip. Capilo Avocado made my hair soft, but didn't give any slip.

I've read that for relaxed ladies, Silicon Mix doesn't really do anything unless you have a loooot of newgrowth. I tried it when I hardly had any newgrowth, and I didn't like it. I'll try it another time when I have a lot, to see how it works then.

I found the same thing with Elasta QP DPR 11. I find Humectress (Nexxus) works better on relaxed hair. I think it's all about thickness, the thicker the product, the better it may work on tough (new growth/natural) hair...

Silicon mix is AMAZING for rollersets! It's like it melts your hair and it leaves it very smooth and soft.

Miss Keys 10 en 1 is a great DCEr. I'd recommend trying it. I tried it once and never looked back.

When you say it's amazing for rollersets, do you mean you leave the conditioner in, instead of rinsing it out?

Ladies, do I have this right:

Protein Conditioner:

La Bomba
Silicon Mix
Salerm 21

Mositure Conditioner:

10 en 1
Lacio Lacio

?

Ladies, do I have this right:

Protein Conditioner:

La Bomba
Silicon Mix
Salerm 21-is a leave in!- it is very moisturizing for me, but it has silk protein.

Mositure Conditioner:

10 en 1- for me the wheat protein and ceramide make it a protein
Lacio Lacio - they make a leave in-believe it has silk protein and a conditioner-not sure what the conditioner is-

?
see the red

Last edited:
I use 10 en 1 as a moisturizer. I get better moisture than strength from it. But Im natural so it could be cause of that.

Out of the ones you listed...I've only tried Silicon Mix and Miss Key 10 en 1.

Silicon Mix did NOTHING for my hair---wasn't moisturizing at all...however it DOES smell good!

Now Miss Key 10 en 1 is my stuff! I LURVE this stuff! I use it when I deep condition along with some EVOO. :yep:

I've tried SEVERAL Dominican poos, rinses and conds...I'm texlaxed and stretch for 16-24 weeks. I love Silicon Mix for Dc's and cowashes (especially CWs) but I also love and can't live w/o D'Fina 11 en 1 DC. These are my two faves. My hair doesn't love protein so I use only light ones. What I use depends on how my hair feels and what it's "saying" to me but my never fail is the 11 en 1. I've never really had a desire to try 10 en 1 only because of all the mixed reviews and since my cousin's hair loves it, I know my hair will hate it (polar opposites when it comes to hair products). Silicon Mix and D'Fina both leave my curls easy to manage, soft and tangle free.

I've tried SEVERAL Dominican poos, rinses and conds...I'm texlaxed and stretch for 16-24 weeks. I love Silicon Mix for Dc's and cowashes (especially CWs) but I also love and can't live w/o D'Fina 11 en 1 DC. These are my two faves. My hair doesn't love protein so I use only light ones. What I use depends on how my hair feels and what it's "saying" to me but my never fail is the 11 en 1. I've never really had a desire to try 10 en 1 only because of all the mixed reviews and since my cousin's hair loves it, I know my hair will hate it (polar opposites when it comes to hair products). Silicon Mix and D'Fina both leave my curls easy to manage, soft and tangle free.

What's the diff between 9 en 1, 10 en 1, 11 en 1 and 12 en 1? Are these all different brands?

If over used, are silk proteins as strong as the proteins found in Dudley's DRC or Aphogee?

Too much of any protein is not a good thing. The trick is finding out how much of what kind of protein is right for your own hair. Silk protein isn't a hard protein. Apogee is animal protein and I believe dudley's drc is too. HTH

What's the diff between 9 en 1, 10 en 1, 11 en 1 and 12 en 1? Are these all different brands?

They are all made by different companies and like the name states, there may be 9-12 different ingredients and/or benefits in one product.

Silicon Mix get my vote because it detangles,give great slip on my hair.
I also lilke Capilo Sole and Cinnamon-love the tingle and slip.

OMG me too finally someone here who uses the Dfina D. I love live love it. I really probably could go with the Silicon Mix when I DC but I do it for good measure (I mix them both and DC).:yep:

Silicon mix for sure! I use Miss Key 10 in 1 and I love it for quick cowashes, but after trying the Silicon Mix last night as a deep conditioner, I am so in love with it. I left it in for about 40 minutes under a hooded dryer. My hair felt so slick, silky, and like butter as I washed it out. The best part is that even after spending over an hour under my dryer for my rollerset, my hair smells delicious today! Usually my hair doesn't seem to hold the scent from a conditioner after I apply any heat at all to it.

So, in short, my answer is Silicon Mix for a deep conditioner, and Miss Key for a cowash.

I can't think of any disadvantages to either. By the way, I'm relaxed but my best friend is natural ~4b and I let her use my Miss Key 10 in 1 last week (I didn't have the Silicon Mix yet) when she cowashed and she was like "OMG!! WHAT IS THIS STUFF, I LOVE IT!!". So she bought herself a bottle the next day, lol!!

OMG me too finally someone here who uses the Dfina D. I love live love it. I really probably could go with the Silicon Mix when I DC but I do it for good measure (I mix them both and DC).:yep:

I mix them too, just for good measure!! Maybe it's a MI thing :grin:. Your info on the beauty supply store in Mexican Town has been priceless!

I mix them too, just for good measure!! Maybe it's a MI thing :grin:. Your info on the beauty supply store in Mexican Town has been priceless!

Aww thank you. I want to go back so bad too. I don't really need anything but I dunno.:drunk:

Back