If you called a guy, an acquaintance, out of the blue,

MissJ

to answer some pertinent non-relationship questions, and he tells you that he's been in bed for two days with the flu, then during the conversation asks you to bring him some soup, would you do it?

If I talk to him more than twice a week, I might. :look: And it would be some super spicy Egg Drop soup, or something else - not talking nothing homemade.
If I talk to him about twice a month, I'd drop off some Campbells and Progresso.
If I talk to him about once a month, he's out of luck.

:lol:

Depending on how far I have to drive,I would be inclined to bring him soup and medicine. Nothing wrong with doing nice things "just because".

Do you feel like he is trying to manipulate you? or is he really sick?

eta:

I would try to fit it into my schedule to drop the soup at the door ONLY. Maybe you can have someone drive with you?

Last edited:
No, he's really sick. He wasn't in class yesterday or today, and he's not even going out drinking tonight. That means very sick. :lol: He lives less than a mile away from me, but I don't know exactly which apartment is his.

Now, I'm thinking that I made a cake for a guy that I barely know, know him through a friend, and now this guy asks for soup when he's really sick. Then I can't bring that to him, even though I have some in my cabinet, and he's done some stuff for me when I needed it whether I asked or not.

I'll call and see if he still needs it or if he's awake. When I hung up, he said he was going to try to go to sleep.

HA HA HA... this is like deju vu... this happened to me before.... I opted to pass... I am sure you got friends/family to help you out... but then again this dude I only had a texting relationship with... :perplexed...

I say it's the human thing to do. Sometimes, we should just be nice regardless of how the other person might perceive/receive our actions (i.e. if he takes your kindness as a sign of interest). I'd take him the soup. :yep:

No, he's really sick. He wasn't in class yesterday or today, and he's not even going out drinking tonight. That means very sick. :lol: He lives less than a mile away from me, but I don't know exactly which apartment is his.

Now, I'm thinking that I made a cake for a guy that I barely know, know him through a friend, and now this guy asks for soup when he's really sick. Then I can't bring that to him, even though I have some in my cabinet, and he's done some stuff for me when I needed it whether I asked or not.

Wait, this is that broke dude isn't it? The broke dude who has money to party. That guy.

If it's that guy, I say hell naw!

so you're saying just because you made a mistake in the past it's ok to repeat that mistake?

if you have to think about something like this so hard, don't do it.

NO!!!!! But I would make sure to get all the answers to my questions before I say helz to the nawl Boo Boo da fool!

So what's the problem.....he's sick....if your upset by something that he did take him the soup but chunk it thru a window...not literally....figuratively....take drop it off....and hit the pavement....He issss sick......

NO!!!!! But I would make sure to get all the answers to my questions before I say helz to the nawl Boo Boo da fool!
I did that at first. :lol: Then after I hung up, I thought about it. He may have been really, REALLY sick, so I came to ask the board for opinions.

Wait, this is that broke dude isn't it? The broke dude who has money to party. That guy.

If it's that guy, I say hell naw!
Yeah, that's him. :lol: I don't think he's broke right now, though. :lol: If he had called me and asked me to bring him some soup, then that would be one thing, but I called him. Then he brought it up during the coversation.

When I called him, I asked if he was busy, and he said that he was in the bed. It was like 2 p.m. I asked him some questions about a judge that I will be having for my trial. Then I asked if he was going to the Magic Johnson lecture. He said that he was sick with the flu, he hadn't been out for 2 days, etc. He asked if I was going to the bar review, and I reminded him that I don't drink. In his defense, bar reviews are law school events where everyone goes out drinking. It's pretty common and popular. He didn't go, because he was sick.

Anyway, after posting here, I called him back, which was like an hour after I had talked to him. He didn't answer, so he was probably asleep. Then like 4 hours later before I left to go to the Magic Johnson lecture, I called again. I asked him if he really needed me to bring him some soup, and he said that he didn't. He said he was about to go to the store, but he kept asking me if I was really going to bring the soup. I said that I would have done it (I was going to drop it off before I went to the lecture since he only lives a street over from me), and he was like, "Now, I already feel warm inside." :lachen: He's so lame and corny, but cute.

Not that I'm interested in him or anything, especially since I found a very telling picture of him on myspace. I would post it here, but some people may know him. :lol:

One of my best friends is male...and there is no funny business there whatsoever. I have sat beside hospital beds when he was sick, come to the house to make sure he didn't stop breathing in his sleep when he was afraid...brought food to his job...and lots lots more. We have slept in the same bed...NOTHING. We are just really good friends and have been for about ten years...so my answer is yes. If he was TRULY a friend then yes.

If he is someone I am cool with only? Probably not.

Plan B? Apparently, he was joking, since when I asked him later if he wanted me to bring some soup, he said, "No."

Back