IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT...

gogo

Hi, All...newbie here in search of the best products money can buy. I'm new to this & don't want to spend precious weeks trying tons of stuff(I'm 47 yo & desperately trying to grow my natural hair as long & as healthy as possible!)I know different products work/don't work for different people but if you could buy the very best shampoos, deep conditioners, brushes, combs, daily styling aids, etc regardless of the cost what would you get? My hair is currently 100% natural (last relaxed over 2 yrs ago & is nearly shoulder length when pressed (I almost never use heat). I usually wear it in a wavy bun, although I've gotten to really like my curly afro (I wet set on perm rods, air dry, then finger comb) on ocassion (really cute!) TIA for all your help & suggestions. This forum is unbelieveable! (only wish I'd found you all years ago!)

TO me, the best products ive used so far is

miss keys 10 en 1 super conditioner ( i really never tried a better deep conditioner)

Nexxus Humectress Conditioner

Salerm 21 deep conditioner

RedKen HEat Glide ( for when i use the flat iron)

FHI Straightning IRon

Satin Scarf

Welcome!! My best hair stuff are:

-nexxus therappe shampoo
-nexxus humectress conditioner
-nexxus headdress (I just started using salerm 21 so the jury is out how it will hold up to my beloved headdress)
-tortoise shell combs from switzerland (Crabtree & Evelyn carry these -- beautiful handmade seamless combs!)
-suave conditioners awapu/humectant/coconut/milk&honey (for condition washes)
-hood dryer (necessary if serious about reducing heat damage and still sport a straight style)
-magnetic rollers (I file & smooth any ridges down myself so that I don't need end papers)

I use other stuff but the above are absolute essentials for bare minimum maintenance of my relaxed 4b hair.

Welcome! I know how addictive this forum can be
laugh.gif
!

Shampoo: LML shampoo
Conditioner(s); for co-washes Aubrey Organics, Silk Elements, Queen Helene Cholesterol

Conditioners for deep treatments: UBH deep conditioner, Elasta DPR 11, Organic Root Stimulator's Revitalizing hair mask (smells heavenly)

Styling aides; Shea butter, Mango butter, Avocado butter, any essential oils but peppermint and rosemary are my favs! Surge for the scalp.**Add a few drops of peppermint oil in surge and it creates the best tingle!

For Emergencies/breakage: Aphogee (smells horrible) or Nexxus Emergencee(Smells like heaven compared to the above)

Appliances: Dome/hood drier for treatments, a blowdryer with ionic/ceramic technology. I really want to get a Chi or FHI ceramic Iron

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
Neroli where can I purchase these shell combs? ANy online sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get mine at Crabtree & Evelyn stores in most malls. I use two: a wide-tooth detangler for $12.00 and a rattail for $7. They have 3 or 4 other styles, but these two do the job for me. They are seamless, elegant and beautifully handmade. I've never tried to find online 'cause I can get at any mall here in the Atlanta metro area. You may want to do an online search for "shell combs" or visit www.crabtree-evelyn.com to find the nearest store in your area and save a few $$ on shipping . . .

Has anyine ever tried Phytology products. I've seen them being sold for like shampoos and conditioners in the $20 rabge and tretments run n the 30's and 40's. Anyone tried them/ are they worth it? Probably not but i'm curious.
poke.gif

If money were no object I'd take Viviscal every day for the rest of my life or until I got to elbow length. When it comes to supplements, those suckers work!!!

I would buy a Mason Pearson brush if I had a money tree. But, the Denman brush is nice and gets the job done. I would also get the Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate for pre-shampoo treatments. And finally I would purchase a liter size bottle of Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Conditioner.

Protein
Sebastian penetrait
Nexxus Emergency

Shampoo
keracare hydrating
Kenra ultramoisturing

Moisturizing Conditioner
Keracare Humecto
Kenra Moisturizing

Leave-In's
Razac Leave-In
Keracare leave-in

Styling Product
Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade

Oh yeah i forgot about these!

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:

Here are my must haves:
*Satin scarf,
*Jilbere Shower Comb (Sally's BSS)
*Affirm 5 n 1 (reconstructor)
*Wild Growth Oil

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
abainaa said:
Has anyine ever tried Phytology products. I've seen them being sold for like shampoos and conditioners in the $20 rabge and tretments run n the 30's and 40's. Anyone tried them/ are they worth it? Probably not but i'm curious.
poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm the resident Phyto girl
smile.gif
. I like the products, but I've found stuff that was just as effective. The Phyto products I use time and time again are:
PhytoRelaxer (Index 1)
Phytodefisant (relaxing balm, leave-in)
Phytophantiere (sp?, the supplements, great for hair and nails
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
)

sengschick, I know you recently went from texturized to relaxed. Are you currently relaxed with the phytorelaxer? If so, how long have you been using?

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
If money were no object I'd take Viviscal every day for the rest of my life or until I got to elbow length. When it comes to supplements, those suckers work!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

what's that? how much are they? where can you buy them?
thanks
smile.gif

If it wasn't about money I'd buy the whole Kerastase line for dry/coarse hair. And I would give the Redken lines for long hair and dry/frizzy hair a try.

[ QUOTE ]
felicia said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif
I know it Girl my hair grows like weed when
I was taking it.I am currently taking the knock off Delinea
at this time.

what's that? how much are they? where can you buy them?
thanks
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It a vitamin supplement which the main ingredient is marine protein. I use to order from IHerb.com but I think the Hairboutique .com has the best prices now and runs specials.
I use to pay 48 to 50 Bucks a box for a month supply.

the wide-toothed comb from tenderheaded.com
Matrix Deep Moisture masque
Lancome Extra Rich Cond. (it has alcohol in it but it's still the bomb!)
Bumble & Bumble leave-in
Viviscal, Ojon cond. and oil treatment, JF Lazartique, Rene Furterer, and tons of NOW shea butter, Bertolli Olive oil, and Krogers sunflower oil

These three deep conditioners all worked excellent on my natural hair: Feria Deep Conditioner, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Nexxus Humectress Conditioner

I know money is no object, but I recommend getting the free samples first anyway.
grin.gif
smile.gif

Thes best brush/detangler for natural hair that I've tried is the Denman D3 Brush.

Lastly, if money really were no object, I would want to try the Louise Marie Longhair (LML) products.

Aubrey Organics GPB is the best deep conditioner ever, I use it weekly
leave ins: Profective breakfree or Surge revitaliser 14 followed by shea butter

These are my must haves right now, everything else I use is in rotation until I figure out what's best....yep, I'm a PJ

THANKS SO VERY MUCH for all the great recommendations, ladies! I absolutely love this board & the info shared. Maybe my goal of long (at least brastrap) healthy natural hair is within reach. I plan to make a list of some of the products suggested & start with a consistent regimine soon and will post my "before" pics when I can. Am SO looking forward to posting my "progress" pics as well! Peace!

see now you just tempting me!
laugh.gif
My broke behind wants to borrow money from friends just so I can buy it! But I won't! Maybe I'll get it as a christmas gift!

Back