If I'm not APL, I'm darn close! *6 month progress pics* BC might not happen??

Diva_Esq

Ok ladies, I need help. Can I claim APL? :look: Some of my hair is at and below the bottom of DH's tape line.

February 24, 2010:
picture.php

I hope to be FULL APL by my APL goal date of May 2010! :crossfingers:

:feedback: Can I claim APL???? :perplexed

Ok, so here are a few comparison pics:

New growth in December 2009:
picture.php

New growth February 24, 2010:
picture.php

Hair length at starting point 6 months ago (August 24, 2009):
picture.php

Even if I'm not APL, I'm happy with the progress and hoping to make it prior to my May goal date! Bunning & vitamins really work for me! And it's really helping me correct my left side damage (it was noticeably shorter than the right side before my August haircut). :yep:

The progress is giving me a dilemma... :wallbash: I was planning to BC in early June right before my 35th birthday! Part of me is so ready for a quick change before I grow it out very long, and ready to be rid of the relaxed ends. But part of me sees the progress from 6 months ago and doesn't want to lose it. I think I might retain more length completely natural b/c my ends won't be as fragile due to the relaxer, but I could be wrong. Any advice/ suggestions?

You ladies are so helpful and inspiring! I really value your input! :yep: Thanks for looking & reading, and I welcome advice about the BC dilemma & input as to if I am APL or not!

PS- I tried to take a little swang pic, but it came out a little blury! :spinning:

I say claim it. I understand that making to that goal and changing your mind about your BC is hard. You could just have a very long transition & cutting a little at a time so you won't lose length.

Congrats Diva!!!! I would say, yes, you can claim it:grin: I am one of the ladies who transitioned for 2 years, so that I could retain my length...I just couldn't make it make sense in my head to do a BC (for me).:nono: There are plenty of styles that you can do while transitioning. Again, Congrats!!!:yep:

:congrats:

I think you should transition a little longer, especially if you really want your hair to be full APL and longer.... In a few months, you can re-evaluate and decide if you want to BC or keep going.

Good Luck :grin:

:congrats:

I think you should transition a little longer, especially if you really want your hair to be full APL and longer.... In a few months, you can re-evaluate and decide if you want to BC or keep going.

Good Luck :grin:

I have until June to decide. I'll see what 3 more months of bunning does for me.

my apl was just like that, and trust, i claimed it boo! :lol:

your new growth is pretty. ♥

Thanks! I love my NG too...thus my thoughts about BCing. It's super thick and wavy/ curly.

Definitely APL. If you flat ironed that NG there would be no questions asked! Congrats! :yep:

I would suggest you just try and do a long transition if you can and just snip your ends slightly as you go.

Your hair is very pretty. It really looks healthy and I love your new growth. I say claim it. You seem to have that stretching thing down to a science.

Definitely APL. If you flat ironed that NG there would be no questions asked! Congrats! :yep:

I would suggest you just try and do a long transition if you can and just snip your ends slightly as you go.

You are definitely APL, if you were to flat iron the new growth you would be past apl.

The 1st pic...with the tape, is with flat ironed NG. That bottom of that tape is DH's measure of where my AP starts. Not full APL, but I think I'm there. :D

@Cream Tee: Thanks...two textures has its challenges, but I haven't had breakage or anything.

Yes, claim it. Your hair is very pretty. I wouldn't chop just yet. You can hold on to those ends for a while longer.

Why does everyone think not to chop? Nobody really gave an explanation. Thanks y'all! You da you da besssst! :D

Wow, the overwhelming response is not to chop. Interesting! :)

I wouldn't chop just yet either.

I know opinions are just that - opinions so you can take mine with a grain of salt (or pepper :grin:).

Continue transitioning - get your hair close to where your transitioning hair is that way, you'll avoid going through the SL/APL stage. Let the relaxed hair take the beating while you grow it. I think you'll be much, much more happier.

HHG!

Chopping from that length might be a shock.

I did a minichop so my BC was not really big.

But when you are ready, you are ready.
I probably would've chopped any way, no matter how long my hair was because I was soooo ready!

And I'm loving it!

I wouldn't chop just yet either.

I know opinions are just that - opinions so you can take mine with a grain of salt (or pepper :grin:).

Continue transitioning - get your hair close to where your transitioning hair is that way, you'll avoid going through the SL/APL stage. Let the relaxed hair take the beating while you grow it. I think you'll be much, much more happier.

HHG!

Don't say salt & pepper! I'm finding grays like gangbusters lately! Ugh! :wallbash: LOL. Good way to put it (relaxed hair taking the beating). Thanks for the input!

Chopping from that length might be a shock.

I did a minichop so my BC was not really big.

But when you are ready, you are ready.
I probably would've chopped any way, no matter how long my hair was because I was soooo ready!

And I'm loving it!

It'll be a HUGE shock :yep: Glad you're loving your BC!

Back