If I Want A Partial Sew In Do I Need To Get A Relaxer

If it's for a high bun and the hair is straight and not textured, you may want to flat iron/press with comb first and use gel, if you don't want to relax. But I agree with ms.blue, if your hair currently matches the hair for the bun, you shouldn't have to do anything more.

What type of hair you are planning on using. If the texture matches your hair, then no.
If it's for a high bun and the hair is straight and not textured, you may want to flat iron/press with comb first and use gel, if you don't want to relax. But I agree with ms.blue, if your hair currently matches the hair for the bun, you shouldn't have to do anything more.

So what hair would you rec. for 4/b 4c hair
that will match.
I see most chicks with Brazilians i dont think that matches

So what hair would you rec. for 4/b 4c hair
that will match.
I see most chicks with Brazilians i dont think that matches
Kanekalon. It looks much closer to our relaxed hair. If you want the hair a little straighter than it comes in the pack, I saw a youtube video where a woman used the heat from a blow dryer.

***Here's another video I found. I know this demonstrates for crocheting, but you can put the hair on a door knob with a band and blow dry it a little or a lot, until it matches your hair.

Kanekalon. It looks much closer to our relaxed hair. If you want the hair a little straighter than it comes in the pack, I saw a youtube video where a woman used the heat from a blow dryer.

***Here's another video I found. I know this demonstrates for crocheting, but you can put the hair on a door knob with a band and blow dry it a little or a lot, until it matches your hair.

omg i thought it was only for braiding.
Saw this chick and really was wondering what type of hair does she use
or is it hers and then i saw this.

I know its a kanekelon. This hair tangles really quick is it the same for sew ins????

omg i thought it was only for braiding.
Saw this chick and really was wondering what type of hair does she use
or is it hers and then i saw this.

I know its a kanekelon. This hair tangles really quick is it the same for sew ins????
Not all kanekalon hair tangles. I found that out a while ago (this year as a matter of fact) when I bought a certain brand (Deja Vu) and the hair was smooth and detangled, very nice. I searched for another pack or two I knew I had left around the house just in case I ran short. The packs I found around the house were no where near as nice, tangled while I tried to install. :nono:

No you don't have to relax, but definitely get hair that matches your natural texture. I've done it several times and used Hairesthetic Kinky straight hair

You know... i pretty much ran out of hair inspiration as of late because I couldn't seem to find any full long heads of kinky looking hair... I think imma start watching crochet braid videos and just pretend its real:lachen::lachen::lachen: lol!

Any idea how long straight hair crochet styles last? I've always heard they have to have some kind of curl pattern or they end up coming out easily during detangling or combing.

I just bought some Brazilian body wave a few weeks ago but I may set it aside and try this out.

Any idea how long straight hair crochet styles last? I've always heard they have to have some kind of curl pattern or they end up coming out easily during detangling or combing.

I just bought some Brazilian body wave a few weeks ago but I may set it aside and try this out.
My understanding for Kanekalon is about 1-2 months if you wrap it up/take care of it, and even longer if it's human hair. I also think the straight hairstyle looks better when hair is left out to cover the part/blend. I'm on the fence about trying this or the individual braids style. Crochet has come a long way. You can do almost any style now, with or without cornrows, etc.

Back