If I texlax....

Nubenap22

I have a questin ladies....Ive been on this journey for awhile and its getting me nowhere.....NOWHERE...Ive tried it all...and Ive maintained a good balance of moisture and protein ps'ing and all........and my hair :lachen: at me alllll the time....its pretty but uhhh....its just too much... for my current lifestyle and I have other reasons.....

IF I TEXLAX MY HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE AND WHAT HOME BRAND SHOULD I USE...

Pics:
1-Wet nakes shrunken hair
2- Hair "stlyed" with KCC
3-Mostly naked damp hair
4- conditioner
5-conditioner

Attachments

• IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0873-vi.jpg
    IMG_0873-vi.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN0564-vi.jpg
    DSCN0564-vi.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN0566-vi.jpg
    DSCN0566-vi.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0596-vi.jpg
    DSCN0596-vi.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 105
From a previous post by Nonie youtube and LHCF

Keep in mind your final results would depend on your hair, how long you leave it for, what you mix with etc but if you do a search for texlaxed 4ab should give you a good range

I would definitely search for texlax pics.

I like design essentials low lye relaxer. That's what I use. You have to order it off amazon. It's very gentle.

I would process for 10 minutes and see how you like it. If you under process your hair, it can be corrected. But if you over process and get it too straight, you can't undo it.

Good luck:)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

We can't tell you what your hair would look like. No texlax gets the same results. It depends on your texture and if you want semi strait or more curl to your hair. This will get you nowhere because no 2 heads are the same. You either have to look on you tube for someone who you think may have your hair texture and look at the results. Just beware that you may not get the exact result the other you tuber gets. I lightly texlaxed in the past and loved it because I needed less product to get maximum wash n gos. However, I could not get my hair strait without ruining my remaining texture. That led me to relaxing my hair strait. What goal do you have for texlaxed hair? What styles do you want to rock? What's the reason why you want to texlax?

I want to texlax because styling is horrid and it always looks a ham unless its in a pony puff...

Also because I want better manageability....and versatility to curl, braid, and straighten without it take hours to style...

Maybe it's not the texture but the length that's causing the issue. That in between stage will kick your butt! I kept/keep my hair in braids (cornrows and extension individuals) to get past that.

Before going natural, I wore my hair texlaxed (before I knew what it was called) for about 10 years. Not only are two head different but each application on the same head is different as well. And once it's overprocessed (too straight) there's no way to get it curly again w/o starting over.

I'm kinda going through the same thing, OP. Just do your research as suggested and keep us posted on whatever you decide. Good luck with everything!

I want to texlax because styling is horrid and it always looks a ham unless its in a pony puff...

Also because I want better manageability....and versatility to curl, braid, and straighten without it take hours to style...

I can totally relate to you. I could do nothing with my natural hair in the past. However, don't think texlaxed hair will mean less work. IMO, being texlaxed was more tricky than being natural. I wish you much success in the future and please post your hair pics if/when you texlax.:yep:

Thank you ladies....and I did and have been doing research...

MzSwift---that is an idea I thought...which is one reason Im going to try lw and flw and braids for the next 2 years (nursing school also)

And I'll keep you ladies posted on my hair and what she goes through

IF I TEXLAX MY HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE AND WHAT HOME BRAND SHOULD I USE...

The answer to the first part of your question depends on several variables, like hair type, density, how long you process, etc.

With that said, I am texlaxed (for the last 5 years) and my natural hair looks similar to yours. Now, I touchup every 7-9 weeks. I used to stretch longer, but since I don't use direct heat, it was too much work to get a decent-looking style once I was past week 8.

To answer the rest of your question, I use Revlon Realistic Lye in regular strength and process for 12-15 minutes.

Feel free to check out my fotki. I haven't updated it recently, but maybe it will give you some ideas and help with your decision.

I wish you success in whatever you decide to do. :)

First, I totally understand your problem wholeheartedly. It looks like you have a similiar hair texture as mine. I textlax with Soft & Naturals Botanical Texturizer. I use the super and it gets my hair in a wavy, curly "S' texture. I love being texlaxed! I think it is the best thing that I've done to my hair. I do not shed as much, my hair is not constantly tangled, and I can step out in a sexy wet and go.

I wish I could post pics, but my hair is currently in nubian locs. Hope this helps!

Ok do you gusy mix yours with oils or conditioners? Ive heard to mix something like olive oil or almond oil to lessen the effects and then also lessen the time

Ultimately I do want a looser texture and better versatility....IJS..

Ok do you gusy mix yours with oils or conditioners? Ive heard to mix something like olive oil or almond oil to lessen the effects and then also lessen the time

Ultimately I do want a looser texture and better versatility....IJS..

I don't mix anything with my relaxer.

Hey OP!

I use Just For Me texture softener. I mix the whole bottle of sunflower oil which is provided in the kit. I also base my scalp with a relaxer base and I coat my hair in oil - castor/olive oil.

HTH!

I would go into some braids for the next 6 months or so and let your hair grow out some more and then see how you feel after that. Texlaxing is so final. My hair gets easier to style and manage the longer it grows.

Just my two cents.

I use profectiv relaxer. I suggest that you gather up some shed hair, line them up, then do a trial run with your relaxer of choice. Time it so that you know how long it took to get the desired level of straightness. You should then neutralize and dc, dry the hair and test the strength of the newly texlaxed strands. It won't be a perfect match, but it will give you a better idea about what to expect.

Back