If he says this one more time...

MiWay

So my husband asks (for the umteenth time) "What are you going to do with your hair? What is your goal?" I told him that I am working on health and length. He said he is tired of looking at me in a bun and I need a new style. When we go out, the first thing he says is "don't wear a bun". So...all you ladies who are stretching, transitioning, etc, what else are you doing with your hair? I am a recruiter, so I am in a pretty professional environment, but I am not interviewing every day, so I think a bun is fine for most days, but to prevent me from strangling this man in his sleep :look: , does anyone have any suggestions?

LMBO, :lachen: , let the hubby see that hair girl at least on wash day, rollersets are great, I don't know how you feel about braid-out/twist-outs but there good too for stretching relaxers. HTH's

Yes, I agree with the above. It's time for a compromise. If nothing else, maybe you can wear your hair in a different style on the weekends and play around with some different styles especially when you know that the two of you are going out. Braidouts are good, as are bantu knots. Many women (including myself) LOVE caruso roller sets.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
LMBO, :lachen: , let the hubby see that hair girl at least on wash day, rollersets are great, I don't know how you feel about braid-out/twist-outs but there good too for stretching relaxers. HTH's

:lol: I say do braidouts or something...that way you don't have to use direct heat to straighten it, but you can still let it out and look sexy for ya man. Poor thing...he wants to see all of your glory! And you could always do 1 day a week or something...just to keep him happy.:look:

msbrown76 said:
So my husband asks (for the umteenth time) "What are you going to do with your hair? What is your goal?" I told him that I am working on health and length. He said he is tired of looking at me in a bun and I need a new style. When we go out, the first thing he says is "don't wear a bun". So...all you ladies who are stretching, transitioning, etc, what else are you doing with your hair? I am a recruiter, so I am in a pretty professional environment, but I am not interviewing every day, so I think a bun is fine for most days, but to prevent me from strangling this man in his sleep :look: , does anyone have any suggestions?

LMAO!!! Easy now... you sound like one of those women in the movie/play "Chicago" doing the Cell Block Tango. :lol: Next thing you know, you will be telling us "he had it coming". :lachen:

Yeah, switch it up at least once a week.

ITA w/ the other posters! Compromise and let it hang down, sometimes. Men love to play in the hair! :grin:

Cincysweetie said:
Yes, I agree with the above. It's time for a compromise. If nothing else, maybe you can wear your hair in a different style on the weekends and play around with some different styles especially when you know that the two of you are going out. Braidouts are good, as are bantu knots. Many women (including myself) LOVE caruso roller sets.
ITA! It's important to remember that our hair is very important to the men in our lives too!:)

:lachen: Okay, okay... I have to admit I was getting rather lazy...not doing rollersets anymore. The bun was just so easy. I'm going to get it blown out this weekend, and then rollerset or Caruso set or something at least once a week.

I wonder if the people at work are thinking the same thing... :perplexed

msbrown76 said:

I am looking forward to learning WITH you MsBrown (wow...my name happens to be "brown" too!), because my S/O is always lobbying for the hair to be "DOWN" and yet he doesn't like braids or phony ponies or weaves....I am trying to get to a GOAL here and all they can think about is "wear it down, please"! I feel you. *sigh*

CantBeCopied said:
I am looking forward to learning WITH you MsBrown (wow...my name happens to be "brown" too!), because my S/O is always lobbying for the hair to be "DOWN" and yet he doesn't like braids or phony ponies or weaves....I am trying to get to a GOAL here and all they can think about is "wear it down, please"! I feel you. *sigh*

Glad to see somebody's feeling my pain! My husband despises braids and if I come in the house with a weave...I might as well pack my bags. :lol: He's very picky for somebody who's not putting any $$$ into my haircare. But I will oblige and try some new things...with my hair, that is. :grin:

HairPhoenix said:
LMAO!!! Easy now... you sound like one of those women in the movie/play "Chicago" doing the Cell Block Tango. :lol: Next thing you know, you will be telling us "he had it coming". :lachen:

That was cute! My absolute FAVORITE SCENE in that play!!! :lol:

msbrown76 said:
Glad to see somebody's feeling my pain! My husband despises braids and if I come in the house with a weave...I might as well pack my bags. :lol: He's very picky for somebody who's not putting any $$$ into my haircare. But I will oblige and try some new things...with my hair, that is. :grin:

:ohwell: *sigh*....let me know how it goes.....I am not good with rollersets and I got a Caruso setter for Christmas and they don't look right yet either. My twist outs could look better IMO because my hair is so much longer in the back than it is on the sides/front and so....if it doesn't involve a bun or a blowdryer and flat iron....I generally do not know how to make it look right.:ohwell:

Your pin curls look great. How did you do yours? How many pin curls did you have? When I do pin curls, some come out fab and the rest are swinging in different directions.

I have my hair in twists which I wear any which way. Down, bun, french braid, etc. It's actually pretty versatile and I get the protective thing without the boring bun thing(which I was doing for over a year).

I hope you didn't let him know you were going to switch it up, if not I say surprise him, I think men love surprises, just come home swinging. ;)
msbrown76 said:
:lachen: Okay, okay... I have to admit I was getting rather lazy...not doing rollersets anymore. The bun was just so easy. I'm going to get it blown out this weekend, and then rollerset or Caruso set or something at least once a week.

I wonder if the people at work are thinking the same thing... :perplexed

men and hair
sounds like way back in college, boyfriend was in an event and wanted me to have my hair down, mind u sista girl was rocking sweet braids then and that would mean me taking them down and spending $70 to get it done.

I saw braidouts, or use steam rollers once a week, thats what I do when I'm around my SO.

CantBeCopied, try end papers and SerenityBreeze's technique using tension with the Caruso Curlers. The endpapers make the difference for me. It makes the curls smooth and without the frizz. Also, leave the rollers on the steamers no more than about 8-10 secs so they don't become sopping wet.
CantBeCopied said:
:ohwell: *sigh*....let me know how it goes.....I am not good with rollersets and I got a Caruso setter for Christmas and they don't look right yet either. My twist outs could look better IMO because my hair is so much longer in the back than it is on the sides/front and so....if it doesn't involve a bun or a blowdryer and flat iron....I generally do not know how to make it look right.:ohwell:

CantBeCopied said:
Oh ladies....I think I'm one of the lucky ones...My hubby NEVER says anything, but compliments me AD NAUSEUM when I do wear it down. Sometimes I just have to tame my mean 'ol lion mane and hooki it up for him......Any man that will sleep next to you night after night with that funky MTG (oils or not..it still smells like sulfur) I've gotta give him credit!

byrdmail said:
Your pin curls look great. How did you do yours? How many pin curls did you have? When I do pin curls, some come out fab and the rest are swinging in different directions.

That was the first time I really tried it and it came out right. It definitely takes practice. And for me, it seems like I already have to have some kind of curl going on to start with. I can't get it to work on dry, transitioning hair...but I'm going to keep trying.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Toooo funny. I can see me in that skit...My Fiance loves how my hair is growing but when i'm in my final month of stretching...i get bombarded with alot of 'man u got alot of hair...when u gonna get it done, etc etc'...

{singing} HE HAD IT COMING....I THINK YOU WOULDA DONE THE SAME.... {bows head and exits the stage...)

HairPhoenix said:

Yeah, switch it up at least once a week.

Back