If baggying was an exam I failed. MISERABLY!

brownsugarbaby

hey ladies!!!

So i thought I would take a stab at baggying since many people have had good experiences with it. So last night i co-washed my hair and dc'ed with heat. Then i rollerset by hair, moisterized and used my boundless tresses. I was pretend styling my hair and it was adorable. I really though i looked cute. lol. So to keep the curls I pin curled my hair.

I had recently stalked SouthernTease's blog and really liked her way of baggying wit the headband around the plastic cap to keep the elastic from breaking the hair around the edges. So that's what i did. I had also been looking for a way to keep the BT off my scarf and on my scalp and this seemed to be a logical way.

Anyways i put on the platsic cap, headband and bonnet and went to bed. This morning when i woke up i was so excited to see my hair. I just knew i was going to be cute and have all the fellas lookin. lol. So i go to take off the plastic cap and thought to myself.. hmmm feels a little moist. I thought it might be the BT but I was wrong. I sweat in my sleep and i assume that's why i got the results i did. My hair was a poofy. I am 4 months into my 6 month stretch so the new growth is something serious.Of course my curls were gone and hair looked a HAM. But none the less my hair felt very moisterized some what damp.

I need help ladies. I am trying to establish a solid regimen and want to use baggying to hold in the moisture but obviously havent gotten it down to a science. Please give any advice u feel is necessary .

TIA.

Oh. I thought you only baggy when your hair is wet.

I don't do the pony tail baggy, but I baggy my whole head when I deep condition overnight.

You probably don't want to baggy a finished style. :nono: Sorry that happened. Next time you might want to try baggying to condition. To maintain a finished style, just put a bonnet on your head after pin curling to hold it in place.

How long is your hair?

I find that baggying seems to work with the longer hair; SL and beyond. I could be wrong. But I have been doing the co-washes and they work great for me.

OOOOOOH!!! That would make sense. To only baggy when i know im going to wet my hair! (like pre-poo over nite or something of that nature?) But I thought that baggying was to lock in moisture. Im not sure I completely understand. Maybe someone could explain further.

Oh My hair is in between SL and APL. Closer to APL though. ;-}

ur right, baggying is to hold in moisture. but u don't HAVE to just baggy when u wash..u can baggy in btwn wash days when ur ends/hair is dry also.

But are u just aiming at baggying ends or ur whole head?

If u wanna baggy ur whole head i wouldn't sleep in it again b/c of ur sweating (don't worry i made that same mistake). So i had to find an alternative. I'll moisturize, seal, then wrap hair. next i'll place my shower cap or saran wrap over the wrap and sit under a dryer or heated conditioning cap for a certain amount of time. when i'm finished i take off everything and immediately place my wrap scarf over my head and head to bed. this is the best method for me to baggy my whole head w/out sleeping in it. the heat also helps speed up the moisturing process.

Back