IDK what happened, my poor scalp. Help plz!

I got a relaxer today at the salon and about 10 min in, it started to burn. IDK why because it never usually burn that quickly.

On Sat I washed my hair with V05 clarifying and then NTM shampoo and then DCed with Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner. Then I rollerset and air-dried. I didn't want to put any oil on my scalp because I didn't want it to get on the new growth and possibly slow the processing of the relaxer.
IDK why my relaxer burned so fast, and it was not burning in one particular spot like I had scratched my scalp, it was ALL over. I don't remember scratching badly TBH
I did run for the bus a little bit today, but not enough to perspire. It was hot today too... so maybe that opened my pores? I have a sensitive scalp but it's usually not THIS bad

The stylist spray some Seabreeze around the perimeter of my head IDK how that treats the burns.
What else should I do to the burn areas? I don't notice any spots where hair is sticking to my scalps

Do you think the "Stimulations" DC'er opened your pores? That sound likes something with Menthol?

I would put something super 'soothing' on there. Alot of folks use Aloe Vera, I've heard folks using Neosporin.

Personally, I like Coconut Oil and I love Vatika Frosting. Those two are my go-to's & absolute favs (Post Relaxer). I haven't had burns in a while tho'.

A friend of mine always does an Olive 'soak' i.e. Hot Oil Treatment (after a Relaxer). I haven't tried that. But some EVOO might be good too.

Do you think the "Stimulations" DC'er opened your pores? That sound likes something with Menthol?

I would put something super 'soothing' on there. Alot of folks use Aloe Vera, I've heard folks using Neosporin.

Personally, I like Coconut Oil and I love Vatika Frosting. Those two are my go-to's & absolute favs (Post Relaxer). I haven't had burns in a while tho'.

A friend of mine always does an Olive 'soak' i.e. Hot Oil Treatment (after a Relaxer). I haven't tried that. But some EVOO might be good too.
OP, I think it was the peppermint that was still "stimulating" your scalp when you got the relaxer. Sounds like a bad combination. Sorry about that.

Pompous Blue

I Agree Blue. :yep:

Anything saying "Stimulating" isn't the thing to use right before a Relaxer. I can see Peppermint, Eucalpytus (sp) & Tea Tree ALL tearin' somebody up.:nono:

I don't think you're supposed to wash just before getting a relaxer. The sebum probably protects your scalp somewhat from the relaxer.

It's not recommended to wash your hair within 72 hours of a relaxer. Some people complain of burning when they do. My scalp can be sensitive so I only co-wash before a relaxer and I still wait 4 days.

Back