Ida's Shampoo Bars

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Omigosh, these shampoo bars look sooooooooo yummy and good for the hair. I can't wait till I get some money, and I can order a couple. They sell regular body soap bars also. They look good too. I can't wait to try this stuff.

Look at some of these shampoo bars:

carrothoney.jpg
Carrot & Honey
shambabassu.jpg
Babassu & Marsh Mallow
shamhonber.jpg
Honey, Beer, & Egg
shamnettle.jpg
Nettle
shamsumrsun.jpg
Summer Sunshine

They have more listed on their site, and check out the body soap bars too!

http://chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shambar.htm

Wow, those do look yummy :yep:
Thanks for posting......off to check out her site :grin:

ETA: she sells sample bars and the ingredients look great!

Last edited:
I looked at this site before and almost everything I was interested in was 'not available.' But they have some nice looking bars.

I am waiting for Michelle3147 to get her site up and running and I will order my bath bars from her. They are really great!

Letitia said:
I looked at this site before and almost everything I was interested in was 'not available.' But they have some nice looking bars.

I am waiting for Michelle3147 to get her site up and running and I will order my bath bars from her. They are really great!

Oh cool, when do you think she will have her site up?

Those shampoo bars look delicious, but I have two big bottles of shampoo to use up before I can justify buying one...:(

Averoigne said:
Those shampoo bars look delicious, but I have two big bottles of shampoo to use up before I can justify buying one...:(

Me too! I'm in the 'use it up challenge' so it will be a special treat to look forward too :grin:

TSUprincess04 said:
Oh cool, when do you think she will have her site up?

Really soon. I know it's in works now. (I think the link is in her siggy but it's not totally ready. As soon I see products up, I will let you know.:)

amr501 said:
Wow, those do look yummy :yep:
Thanks for posting......off to check out her site :grin:

What she said-Thanks a bunch for this post TSUP! Think I'll try the beer and honey and egg first...

*update* I know it's only been like two minutes, but those shampoo bars just look like they have it going on. I love the explanations on her site. Each one sounds like it's the bomb-okay, back to checking out the rest of her website...

**update**
Okay, it's really hard to shampoo twists with a bar, but this is how determined I was to use these bars. I finally worked out a method of gently rubbing each section at a time and working the lather across my scalp. It felt really good. I preceded this with an acv rinse and followed up with good ole le kair condish. Really soft-I'm going by the hair that's out of the row of twists I removed on my nape. The bars left my skin feeling so soft, smooth and good and uh,:blush: DH loves the chocolate almond. My kids use the orange creamsicle and love it. My little crusty son actually had no ashiness between his toes for the first time since-oh well, can't remember when that boy hasn't been ashy. My only complaint might be the smell. The shampoos are herb based so the smell is herbally and I guess I'm used to more fruitiness. Overall, I'm sold on organic/natural cleansers. So, Michelle if you're "listening" you have a whole bunch of people waiting on your site:)

Last edited:
nurseN98 said:
I just ordered some samples, I've heard very good things about these bars. I can't wait to get them!

After you've received them and tried them, please tell us how they worked out for you! :D

I got my samples last week. I used the nettle shampoo bar Sunday and the carrot, milk and honey last night - very nice both of them, especially the nettle, but the bar smells like nettle, a bit medicine-y. I haven't used the rosemary and lavender or the butter bar yet but I know they will be just as nice. The butter bar is like a conditioner bar.

P.S. I guess I need to go update my Hits and Misses for the month...

OOOOH, I WANT ONE!:bouncegre

Lol, they look so...so...well yummy like everyone else has said.:lol: They look like they are so gentle on the hair. Thanks for sharing, TSUprincess04.:wink2: I have been looking for some shampoo bars!

How do you store these between shampoos, in a plastic bag? I wouldn't want to leave it sitting in the shower, since it would probably get mushy.

preciousjewel76 said:
How do you store these between shampoos, in a plastic bag? I wouldn't want to leave it sitting in the shower, since it would probably get mushy.

Good question.:scratchch

sweetcoco said:
Good question.:scratchch

Girl, can you tell I'm over here planning a purchase? LOL. These bars look awesome! I'd probably have to stop myself from shampooing on a daily basis with something like this.

Letitia said:

I am waiting for Michelle3147 to get her site up and running and I will order my bath bars from her. They are really great![/
QUOTE]
I can attest to this too...I love her LOVE SPELL bar

OT: Precious jewel your hair looks so cute that way !

preciousjewel76 said:
Girl, can you tell I'm over here planning a purchase? LOL. These bars look awesome! I'd probably have to stop myself from shampooing on a daily basis with something like this.

:yep: Me too, I bet they leave your hair feeling so clean and smelling so good all day. I can't wait to try one. I think I am turning into a PJ. :ohwell:

preciousjewel76 said:

I don't really know, but on the site, she states how you can use this wooden oak thing to store the bar.

There's this one lady (on nappturality) that slices a piece off of the bar at a time. She'll slice off a piece and use that piece until it runs out, while the remaining bar is sitting in a dry place somewhere. When she's done with the sliced piece, she'll slice off another from the same bar or from another bar, and continue the cycle.

I think that may be the best way to do it so that the whole bar won't turn into mush just sitting in the shower.

TSUprincess04 said:
There's this one lady (on nappturality) that slices a piece off of the bar at a time. She'll slice off a piece and use that piece until it runs out, while the remaining bar is sitting in a dry place somewhere. When she's done with the sliced piece, she'll slice off another from the same bar or from another bar, and continue the cycle.

I think that may be the best way to do it so that the whole bar won't turn into mush just sitting in the shower.

Hmmmm, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!:)

And thanks for the compliment, mysweetevie! I'm trying to get a little more hair-creative after 7 months of buns!:lol:

awww man ! I shouldn't have open this thread !!!!

I have at least 6 bottles of shampoos I need to use up before I buy anymore shampoos ! Maybe i'll give them away to sisters and thne buy them!

TSUP,

Call them up and see about a referral fee-they owe you big time. I stayed on that site a ridiculously long a*z time ordering a whole bunch of samples :dollar: and looking and reading all of the info. This was a really nice post but don't do it anymore-lol

NEway, I'll post back once I get done having my lil' sample party

Ok, I ordered the Babasu & Marsh Mallow Shampoo Bar and a sample of the Lavendar...yeah I know I'm on the Use it up challenge but I slipped:lol:...anyways IDK why I brought these cause I'm still in braids. You'll get your update when I take out my braids...in June;).

I've been using these bars for a couple of years now. I found that some of the soap bars work even better than the shampoo bars for hair washing. :)

Not everyone likes how they make the hair feel. I had to get used to it and try a few different ones until I found what works best for my hair.

Cichelle said:
I've been using these bars for a couple of years now. I found that some of the soap bars work even better than the shampoo bars for hair washing. :)

Not everyone likes how they make the hair feel. I had to get used to it and try a few different ones until I found what works best for my hair.

I'm glad to hear that you like them. The lady (Ida) stated that it takes a couple uses of the shampoo bar to get the full effect.

thanks for posting this, these look soooo yummy! my "gifts to myself for graduating" list is growing too! :grin:

i tried looking for the link to michelle3147's soaps but couldn't find it. where are you guys looking?

Cichelle said:

Which ones do you use?

Back