IC Heat Protector (is steam really bad?)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I read before that a good heat protector spray shouldn't produce steam. However, I remember watching a stylist use flat irons and there was steam coming out the wazoo and the girl's hair was shining like armour all and of course I don't know what spray she used. I really love the way this IC heat protectant makes my hair shine, smell and feel. The steam that comes off doesn't smell burnt or anything and I'm wondering if this will harm my hair over time. I keep my Sedu set at about 350 at the most.

Does anyone else have steam when using this product? :look:

I use the IC one in the pink bottle (serum, not a spray though) and I haven't ever noticed any steam. And my iron is usually set closer to 400.

I have the pink bottle also but now I'm not so sure if it says serum or spray???:ohwell:

I'll have to try out whichever one it is that I don't have.

Thanks!

I recently flat ironed (i have layers and the longest is at bra strap yes yes yes sorry i had to let it out) when I used the fantasia ic serum i had a little steam but it was just the product because my hair reverted to its natural state no problem, no burnt hair

I always use a serum IC is one of the serums that I use... I always get steam too. It looks good and even feels good lol... Hope its no problem.

Hi ladies,

I put it on my air-dried hair. And I checked and it is the spray and not the serum. It's good to know that I'm not the only one seeing the steam so I feel better.

Thanks!

Back