I Would Spend More Time On My Hair If It Weren't For...

I would spend more time on my hair if it weren't for . . .

all of the extra thick deep conditioning products, manipulation, overnight treatments, and layering products actually breaks my fragile hair. It likes to be conditioned and left alone.

I would spend more time on my hair if it weren't for:

It takes over 2 hours each wash day twice a week
My kids get into trouble, because I'm stuck in the bathroom
Low manipulation works better for me
It seems like all hayle breaks loose on wash day! :lachen: everybody goes crazy, since Mommy is in the bathroom doing something for herself! I still do it! It takes me all night, but I still do it! Lol

...it taking so long to style. If my hair didn't take so long to style, I would probably cowash, rinse or shampoo every day or every other day. But once I do that it seems to take forever to do LOC and then it takes another 30 minutes to an hour to style it. It's the styling time that dissuades me from starting on my hair in the 1st place.

It seems like all hayle breaks loose on wash day! :lachen: everybody goes crazy, since Mommy is in the bathroom doing something for herself! I still do it! It takes me all night, but I still do it! Lol
I admire this. I wonder how mom's balance doing hair, especially naturals where it takes a lot more time to wash/twist. Kids give you no break.

It being so dang hard to manage. I wish my hair wasn't so dang difficult. It hates many products and breaks off when I do not put anything in it. I can't win with this, and it has been in individual braids for awhile because I can't deal anymore. :cry3:

10 minutes to wet.
10 minutes to wash.
10 minutes to apply DC.
30-45 minutes to deep condition w/o heat.
10-15 minutes to rinse thoroughly. Add 20 minutes to finger detangle.
1 hour for 16 dookie twist.
10 minutes every morning to Bun.

I am not spending anymore time on my hair. My weekends matter.

It being so dang hard to manage. I wish my hair wasn't so dang difficult. It hates many products and breaks off when I do not put anything in it. I can't win with this, and it has been in individual braids for awhile because I can't deal anymore. :cry3:
What's your regimen?

What's your regimen?
At this point I don't have one. :sad: I used to be relaxed and I would wash it weekly using a variety of moisturizing shampoos, and then I would deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. I'd use a leave in and either air dry or blow dry. My hair seems to hate oils (especially coconut oil) so I rarely used them.

I tried so many daily moisturizers, but my hair would always end up feeling dry. The products never penetrated into my hair no matter what I did. I even tried to incorporate protein into my hair regimen. I spent so much money on my hair, so I just decided to put individual braids in so I do not have to worry about my hair. :cry3:

Back