I Went to the Aveda Institute on Friday

divinefavor

Good Morning,

I went to the Aveda Institute on Friday for a Shampoo, treatment, blowdry and flat iron. My cosmetology student was Dyneisha. She did a wonderful job and was so nice. She was also very professional and explained to me everything she was using on my hair.

Steps she used:
Washed with Aveda DR Shampoo
Put on some sort of DR Treatment (the one that they don't retail)
I went under the dryer for 20 minutes
Rinsed
Then she saw that I had flakes of scalb in my hair (for some reason this has been going a lot lately with me. I wonder if it has anything with using sulfur from the BT on my scalp)
So she shampooed again
Then used Aveda DR conditioner
Rinsed
She used about 4 pumps of the Aveda Phomollient Styling foam in hair hand, mixed in a little Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, massaged in my hair and then sprayed very light smoe of the Brilliant Damage Control.
Blowdried then flat iron with slight bump.
Last Step: Once done she finished by putting another dab of the Light Elements Smoothing Fluid on my hair

I will definitely go to Aveda Institute again and will use Dyneisha.

Results: Very soft, bouncy, and light hair! I received a lot of compliments when I went to Chicago over the weekend to see "The Color Purple".

So of course I had to purchase two of the products (Phomollient Styling Foam and Brilliant Damage Control), because I didn't have them at home. I'm going to try and get the same effects at home, but by rollersetting.

ETA: last step

Here are some pics.
Back
2007-07-16001.jpg

Sideview
2007-07-16005.jpg

Last edited:
divinefavor said:
Good Morning,

I went to the Aveda Institute on Friday for a Shampoo, treatment, blowdry and flat iron. My cosmetology student was Dyneisha. She did a wonderful job and was so nice. She was also very professional and explained to me everything she was using on my hair.

Steps she used:
Washed with Aveda DR Shampoo
Put on some sort of DR Treatment (the one that they don't retail)
I went under the dryer for 20 minutes
Rinsed
Then she saw that I had flakes of scalb in my hair (for some reason this has been going a lot lately with me. I wonder if it has anything with using sulfur from the BT on my scalp)
So she shampooed again
Then used Aveda DR conditioner
Rinsed
She used about 4 pumps of the Aveda Phomollient Styling foam in hair hand, mixed in a little Light Elements Smoothing Fluid, massaged in my hair and then sprayed very light smoe of the Brilliant Damage Control.
Blowdried then flat iron with slight bump.

I will definitely go to Aveda Institute again and will use Dyneisha.

Results: Very soft, bouncy, and light hair! I received a lot of compliments when I went to Chicago over the weekend to see "The Color Purple".

So of course I had to purchase two of the products (Phomollient Styling Foam and Brilliant Damage Control), because I didn't have them at home. I'm going to try and get the same effects at home, but by rollersetting.

Here are some pics.
Back

Sideview

FYI, the DR treatments can be found on ebay they are little vile like bottles. ;)

Your hair is soooooo pretty and bouncy. Man I had an appointment Saturday at Aveda but had to cancel becasue I had some stuff to do. I am so mad I cancelled. I was thinking since I was in the HYH to Christmas challenge no use in wasting a pass but man it looks like it would have been worth it. I have to get there soon and I will request Dyneshia. If you don't mind can you share the total cost??

Thanks so much everyone for your compliments!

Costs:

Shampoo/Blowdry - $11
Deep Condition Treatment - $19 (would have been less if they considered my hair to be short or medium length). I don't consider my hair to be long, but the did.

I wasn't charged for the flat iron even though they normally do. But Dyneisha didn't charge me. That would have been an extra $19.

The next time I go I will just do the shampoo, regular condition and rollerset and I think that's only maybe about $20.00.

Atlanta ladies if you decide to go please ask for Dyneisha. She's almost done with her program so you will be able to use her from now until end of November/beginning of December.

Your hair looks so nice!

I actually have an appointment this Saturday. I feel a lot better about it seeing your results. :)

Your hair looks sooooo nice! She did a really good job.
I think we may be hair twins. My hair looks the exact same as yours (I meant to tell you that a while ago).

your hair looks soooo beautiful. She definitely did a great job :grin: and she even gave you a hook up. I'd say she is a keeper even after her program is complete

kandi1280 said:
Your hair looks so nice!

I actually have an appointment this Saturday. I feel a lot better about it seeing your results. :)

Please come back and update us on your experience. I would love to hear what you thought about it. I like the atmosphere as well.

e$h said:
Your hair looks sooooo nice! She did a really good job.
I think we may be hair twins. My hair looks the exact same as yours (I meant to tell you that a while ago).

That's great!!! We'll have to keep in contact. I love your siggy!

growinstrong said:
your hair looks soooo beautiful. She definitely did a great job :grin: and she even gave you a hook up. I'd say she is a keeper even after her program is complete

:grin: Yes girl the hook up was great and I tipped her very well because of it! You should have seen her eyes (:eek:) when I gave her the tip.

She wasn't quite sure what she will do after graduating. But she may end up working for an Aveda Concept Salon. Which means the prices will probably be a lot higher.

Divinefavor,

I think you may be my hair twin too.

Your hair came out GORGEOUS! I'm itching to take my braids out so I can go to the DC Aveda Institute and give whoever does my hair D'neisha's steps.

And the price:eek:

EXCELLENT!!! :dance7: You know I had to come up in hurr and give AVEDA its props. You hair looks luxurious! Shiny! Beautiful! Healthy! and LONG!!!!! I am so happy for you. You look gorgeous! :yay::yay::yay:!!!

zora said:
Divinefavor,

I think you may be my hair twin too.

Your hair came out GORGEOUS! I'm itching to take my braids out so I can go to the DC Aveda Institute and give whoever does my hair D'neisha's steps.

And the price:eek:

:eek: Oh my...another hair twin! This is wonderful!

Yep, you can't beat the price with a stick! :grin:

Serenity_Peace said:
EXCELLENT!!! :dance7: You know I had to come up in hurr and give AVEDA its props. You hair looks luxurious! Shiny! Beautiful! Healthy! and LONG!!!!! I am so happy for you. You look gorgeous! :yay::yay::yay:!!!

Right!!! I was awaiting my Aveda Posse to chime in and give Aveda some shout outs! :lol:

Aww thank you so much for the compliments!!!

Girl, that shine through me for a loop! I don't know if it was the Light Elements smoothing fluid or the flat iron she used. But, my hair still looks nice, but it doesn't have anymore curls in it though.

I

Oh I forgot to say that what I also liked about the Institute is that they give you a card that marks off everything that they used on your hair for that day.

Back