I went to an Aveda Institute today! :-)

natieya

And my hair is THE BOMB!!! The stylist did a Damage Remedy Hair and Scalp Treatment (there are two kinds: moisture immersion and strength infusion.....I got the moisture immersion one) and it made my hair feel like butta!!!! I had a serious case of HIH syndrome...:grin:. Then she rollerset with Phomollient and Light Elements Detailing Mist-Wax. When I was dry, she finished it off with Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. My hair is gorgeous. Also, she trimmed about an inch off (at my request cause my ends were BAD...) And my hair is flowy, fully of body and LOVELY! I'm going back in two weeks. :) If you guys have one in your area....GO! :D (by the way, my siggie picture is from a while ago....not today....just so u know)

Thanks pinkskates! You're one of my hair idols! *HUG*:) Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been having excessive shedding lately and I will keep you guys informed about whether this stopped it. However...when she combed out my rollerset, there was no hair in the paddle brush! WHOO HOO!!:yay:

Last edited:
natieya said:
And my hair is THE BOMB!!! The stylist did a Damage Remedy Hair and Scalp Treatment (there are two kinds: moisture immersion and strength infusion.....I got the moisture immersion one) and it made my hair feel like butta!!!! I had a serious case of HIH syndrome...:grin:. Then she rollerset with Phomollient and Light Elements Detailing Mist-Wax. When I was dry, she finished it off with Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. My hair is gorgeous. Also, she trimmed about an inch off (at my request cause my ends were BAD...) And my hair is flowy, fully of body and LOVELY! I'm going back in two weeks. :) If you guys have one in your area....GO! :D (by the way, my siggie picture is from a while ago....not today....just so u know)

Mami, that's whats up! I didn't know they did your hair there too! I would love to go to one, but there aren't any in SC. Did you take any picture, though?

OnAHairQuest said:
How much did this service cost?

Hope Im not being too nosey.

No problem. The wash & set was $15...but I added the Damage Remedy treatment for $25 (seriously worth every penny)....so I paid $40 all together. If I had only gotten just the wash and set, I would've made off like a bandit, lol. However, I have no regrets. My hair felt like a brand new head of hair after that treatment! :p FYI, the Damage Remedy hair and scalp treatment costs $55 - $75 in the salon so $25 was a steal. :)

ljbee said:
Mami, that's whats up! I didn't know they did your hair there too! I would love to go to one, but there aren't any in SC. Did you take any picture, though?

Sorry, I didn't take any pics. I'll try to next time, tho. :)

This makes me come to the conclusion that any salon associated with Aveda are DA BOMB! I went to one last week and they blowdried, flat-ironed, and trimmed my hair! It was so bouncy and moveable! After washing it last night, my hair went back to its natural state, so there was no heat damage at all!!! And my hair in it's natural state actually feels softer now for some reason. :)

Poohbear said:
This makes me come to the conclusion that any salon associated with Aveda are DA BOMB! I went to one last week and they blowdried, flat-ironed, and trimmed my hair! It was so bouncy and moveable! After washing it last night, my hair went back to its natural state, so there was no heat damage at all!!! And my hair in it's natural state actually feels softer now for some reason. :)

Now you guys make me wanna go to one :lol: Hmmm, I'm trying to save money but maybe I can sneak a little out :look:

i hear great things about the aveda institutes. when they told me that they also specialize in styling and treating NATURAL black hair i almost fell on the floor in shock!:lachen:

I called an Aveda salon a few weeks ago and they didn't do rollersets. :(
ETA: I just found out there's an institute about 45 minutes from me and a rollerset is only $12 :yay:

Last edited:
thefineprint said:
i hear great things about the aveda institutes. when they told me that they also specialize in styling and treating NATURAL black hair i almost fell on the floor in shock!:lachen:

you will not make me wanna go!!!
lol...
but seriously, im thinking about calling them
about getting my hair colored
only if its a chemical-free process
im trying to keep chemicals out of my hair

See...I just came from the Aveda store and dropped 60 bucks now y'all got me wanting to go to the salon!!!! :lol:

Chayil

Well, since an Institute is so close to me (well, relatively speaking cause Houston is a huge city...) to me it's justified cause the prices are so good. I'm telling you, it felt like I had a whole new head of hair after that damage remedy treatment. :grin: Also, my stylist told me that a couple of weeks ago, she hadn't even heard of the treatment, and all of a sudden, the demand is high for it. She had done 3 that day!!! After it was over, I was hooked. I wish I could buy them and do them myself. Hehe. But, it's a salon only treatment. They don't sell it. Hmm, I wonder how close the whole DR line is to the DR Hair and Scalp treatment. Oh well. When I finish some of my current inventory (resident PJ here) I will be buying the whole DR line. And probably smooth Infusion for my stretches in between relaxers. Oh Aveda...:woot:

off to see if there is one in, or around, memphis.

eta: the closet one to me is in Houston. The DH is going there on business next month....looks like I know where I will be...lol!!!

Last edited:
natieya said:
For anyone who wants to know where the nearest Aveda Institute to you is: http://www.avedainstitutes.com

Luv u guys! ;)

Hey there, I got a question about the prices. I just looked up the institute that is right next to my house and it says that a blowdry and iron work is $50....while a shampoo and cut is $12.....So I am wondering what did you get exactly and how much you paid if you don't mind me asking. I can't see myself paying $50.00 for them to wash and straighten....so I wanted to know exactly what they do as far as styling goes if you opt for the shampoo and cut?????

JuicesN'Berries said:
Hey there, I got a question about the prices. I just looked up the institute that is right next to my house and it says that a blowdry and iron work is $50....while a shampoo and cut is $12.....So I am wondering what did you get exactly and how much you paid if you don't mind me asking. I can't see myself paying $50.00 for them to wash and straighten....so I wanted to know exactly what they do as far as styling goes if you opt for the shampoo and cut?????

Hmm, on my brochure of prices it shows a flat iron service as $18. I dunno:ohwell:
http://www.avedainstitutes.com/downloads/AI-standardized-menu.pdf

There's one about 35-40 minutes away from me in Atlanta. One of my friends will be giving me a touch up this weekend. So, maybe I'll go to the institute next week or the week after for a treatment, shampoo and set.

Does anyone know what type of relaxers the Aveda Institute uses?

Back