I was trying to wait until I used it one more time, but I can't (product review)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I tried a product that I thought was wonderful the other day. But of course I thought I better try it again before I post a review.

I did a search and have only seen this mentioned once before on the board. It is Shear Splendor Age Defying Conditioning Mask. While the name of the product may or may not appeal to you, please know that this is a very moisturizing product. It softens and moisturizes the hair in a very noticeable way. I can only say this about a handful of rinse-out conditioning products.

Claims:
anti-aging bio-peptide conditioner for chemically treated, chronically dry hair

ultra hydrating and moisturizing formula helps protect hair from styling stress
multi-tasking deep conditioner helps restore shine and strength to hair

$22 for 7.5 oz.

The product is a thick, creamy, custard-like product. It has a beautiful, yet very light and fresh, sweet lemony fragrance. Glycerin and shea butter are the 4th and 5th ingredients. HELLO MOISTURE!

I only left it on about 3 minutes in the shower.

When I rinsed, my hair felt very luxurious--I try not to get impressed by how a product makes my hair feel when I rinse, though it was wonderful. I'd give it a B+ for slip. The true test is whether or not my hair air dries feeling moisturized and it did. I am quite a few weeks post relaxer. I bet the product would be even better if I didn't have so much new growth.

I WOULD/WILL buy this again. :)

Last edited:
Hmmmm, you just gave me an idea for my next concoction. Raw shea with glycerin and maybe castor oil, but just a little. A natural humectant, a humectant oil and shea, I bet that'll be lovely!!!!!

Can you buy it at Sephora? That way if it doesnt work i can take it back.

I have CHRONIC dry hair and it's driving me crazy. I've tried just about every conditioner and so far nothing has worked.

Can you buy it at Sephora? That way if it doesnt work i can take it back.

I have CHRONIC dry hair and it's driving me crazy. I've tried just about every conditioner and so far nothing has worked.

Yes, it's available at Sephora.

Tell me more about your dryness problem. Is your hair constantly dry or does it seem moisturized maybe for the first day after you use a moisture product and then go dry again?

Yes, Philosophy has a lot of really nice products. I'm hooked on their face and skin products. I'll have to give their hair products a whirl now. They always have package specials on either HSN or QVC,

bump!

So has anyone else tried this yet? I just ordered my second jar. :up: It's great stuff--yummy moisture. :yep:

Back