I Was So Surprised Yesterday

vtoodler

So, I got a virgin relaxer yesterday after nearly two years of wearing it natural.

Since I often battle with dryness, I opted for a lye relaxer instead of a no-lye (I used to use no-lye when previously relaxed).

I was so terrified that the lye perm was going to burn my scalp. But, to my pleasant surprise, I experienced very little burning.

That being said, my scalp does feel a little itchy and a tad irritated. But that's nothing too serious, and I'm sure that it will soon subside. I think that I'll be sticking to lye from now on.

Do you remember your first lye relaxer?

Last edited:
:mob: U did what nah ? :mob:
just kidding !!!!!!

yes I remember my first virgin relaxer ... and my second and third lolol

My scalp always (even after routine relaxer) felt a lil tight and tender. I also always used lye relaxers, once I tried no-lye for a couple months but my hair was dry like pitch, so I switched back.

So, I got a virgin relaxer yesterday after nearly two years of wearing it natural.

Since I often battle with dryness, I opted for a lye relaxer instead of a no-lye (I used to use no-lye when previously relaxed).

I was so terrified that the lye perm was going to burn my scalp. But, to my pleasant surprise, I experienced very little burning.

That being said, my scalp does feel a little itchy and just a tad irritated. But that's nothing too serious, and I'm sure that it will soon subside. I think that I'll be sticking to lye from now on.

Do you remember your first lye relaxer?

Baahah!:grin: I was all ready to see some pics.... and then nothing :lol:.

ORS:look:

I might try to get some pics once I can fix my scanner. It's been acting up.

My stylist used Vitale. What do you know about this relaxer?

@vtoodler - I switched to lye 2 years ago because my hair was always dry. I'm happy to say I 've never experienced burning/irritation. I started with ORS lye, but felt I was underprocessed so I switched to Linange with great results.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but since you mentioned your scalp is slightly irritated and itchy, I'd recommend washing again with the neutralizing shampoo in case there's residue.

I didn't base my scalp. However, I had a lot of stuff on it (detangler, moisturizer, etc), which might explain the minimal burning.

Next time that I relax, I will undoutedbly base my scalp.

Last edited:
Back