I was about to give up on my hair journey.

mikimix

But then I found the right products!!!

I used Infusium 23 shampoo and then Neutrogena Triple Moisture DC and my hair felt like silk. Then I moisturised with ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion and let it dry and it felt hard, dry and like it was coated.
It was not a pretty sight!!

I found HE LTR and replaced it with the ORS Hair Lotion and now my hair feels soft and looks really shiny.

I hate to say it but I'm going to stop using black hair products. They always seem to have petroleum and/or mineral oil and it just coats and weighs down my hair.

I am so glad I found LTR because I was on the verge of shaving my head!! lol
That's how bad it was.

But then I found the right products!!!

I used Infusium 23 shampoo and then Neutrogena Triple Moisture DC and my hair felt like silk. Then I moisturised with ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion and let it dry and it felt hard, dry and like it was coated.
It was not a pretty sight!!

I found HE LTR and replaced it with the ORS Hair Lotion and now my hair feels soft and looks really shiny.

I hate to say it but I'm going to stop using black hair products. They always seem to have petroleum and/or mineral oil and it just coats and weighs down my hair.

I am so glad I found LTR because I was on the verge of shaving my head!! lol
That's how bad it was.

hmm, i am def gonna have to try this HE LTR....been thinking bout it for a while, i think its time :yep: lol

Don't give up on your journey. You will regret it. Just keep doing what you did, trying different things. Good Luck!

Learning better techniques is instant. Finding the right product combination is the hardest part. :yep:

I so badly want to try the HE LTR, but my hair can't tolerate certain cones.

My edges also felt really REALLY dry so I would pile on the ORS hair lotion and it would make it worse!! lol
It just made it dryer and it felt coarse and coated

I love HE LTR!!! Before you give up on black hair care products why not check out some of the more natural ones that don't have mineral oil or lanolin in them. Target carries the Curls Line which is I think is pretty reasonably priced or you could try some of the online vendors like She Scentit, Hairveda, etc. I find that when I use these products I use less so it's more economical for me. Plus nothing bad for your hair. Wait until they have a sale and try a few things. I'm already starting to put aside money for the Christmas sales...:)

I mostly use natural and "non hair black products" (except for elasta qp creme condition shampo and intense conditioner) myself. I'm glad you found what works for you.

Back