i want ur imput for protective styles on my dd's head...plz

DivaD04

I wanted to start letting my 3 yr old dd wear her twa out but ya'll here in saudi arabia, it's hotter than a camel's hump outside 100 :blush::blush:!!! Will ya'll give me some protective style opinions. I wanted to layoff on braids but the way the weather is going I'm may have to put her in them, Lord knows me and that child are going to fight. Not to mention she'll wear her hat but there are times she'll just take it off and not want to wear it while we walk to and from school.

tia,
diva d

Is her hair long enough for cornrows you can do them with just a bit of extensions- and she gets to change up her style more...:)

O yes yes yes...her hair is long enough it's just when you apply a drop of water it snaps back...to a twa:lachen:. For real yes it is. I go through fazes with her hair. Last summer it was mini pony puffs and braids. This summer I thought I ask you ladies.

Braids, puffs, cornrows, twists, flat twists, etc. All of those no nonsense styles are great for kids in the summer. They can get up and go play without messing up the style or sweating it out, etc. Way to go mama! I love to see people letting their kids enjoy life without putting too much emphasis on hair and clothes, etc. :yep:

We didn't live outside the U.S., but it is "Hell's Kitchen" in heat and humidity here in Louisiana. Over 100 degrees and smothering humidity from May through September. Before my daughter was relaxed, 2 years ago when she was 3 y/o, we did puffs like crazy. She has mega thick hair and I kept it moisturized and in rubberbands, usually four curly puffs. I miss being able to curl her ends with my fingers, but moisture is key in the heat and you can pretty much get away with any easy maintenance style. I wouldn't go beyond cornrows for braids and keeping healthy.

thx ladies...i'll keep these in mind. i just gave her some flat twists...i hope this will last a week.

How about box braids? You can pin them back with cute hair acessories or just let them be. It works well with my dd and they last about 2 weeks before they get too fuzzy.

she'll yank those out....i started on some small indiviuals about shoulder length and this child decided to yank 2 out.

Back