I WANT TWISTS!!! Sorry Aviah, calling you out...

SummerSolstice

picture.php

I don't know if yall have noticed but Aviah's hair has been on point lately... Miss stylist!

Anyways, I want these twists, does anyone have any experiences with them? Do they itch? I have done kanekalon hair before with cornrows and I kept them in for about 2 weeks or so.

how long do these stay in? what hair to buy? how long do they take?

Mine typically itch the first day. I always wash my twists the first day to stop the itch but some people are against washing them so soon and they still last 2.5 months.

I'm not sure what hair she used. I usually use Marley Braid hair because it is very similar to my real texture. The twist don't itch like cornrows. You wash the hair first before using it. I use shampoo but some use ACV. They are easy to install once you learn how to start them with either a braid or with a twists.

I have worn them for 3 months. After that I have too much new growth to keep them in because they hang so much. For myself I would only do 2 months to help keep my scalp healthy. I wouldn't wear them as long as she does because it's too much for my scalp. I'm sure some people do fine with it though.

Because I used Marley Hair, they actually looked better when I washed them. I had no issue washing in them. I really should have washed more often than I did.

I've had these before. I used kanekolon and dipped the ends in hot water.

My only issue with these is when you wash, kinky frizz may come through. I usually only kept them in for a month.

I want these too, but I work out 4x a week and sweat in my head/scalp quite a bit. I feel like I would NEED to wash weekly. How do you ladies make sure you're thoroughly getting all the shampoo/cleansing conditioner out of your hair?

I don't know if yall have noticed but @Aviah's hair has been on point lately... Miss stylist!

Anyways, I want these twists, does anyone have any experiences with them? Do they itch? I have done kanekalon hair before with cornrows and I kept them in for about 2 weeks or so.

how long do these stay in? what hair to buy? how long do they take?

Ewwww @SummerSolstice!
Don't call my name in public!:lol:
I used Kanekalon hair, they do itch, I didn't bother to strip the film off with vinegar/water. However, even without the film I have itched with them. They can stay in longer or not depending on how you treat your hair. I washed mine twice and the ends started to frizz out of them a little. My hair doesn't grow very quickly so the roots weren't a big deal. Because of my laziness these took three days. But I know it would have been a lot faster on someone else, depending on the size and length I'd say roughly 10 hours average. They lasted three weeks simply because I got tired of them but could have easily gone longer. I washed and conditioned as normal but diluted my products to get into the braids. They are heavier after washing so beware.

Last edited:
I am scared of wash fuzz and hairline breakage...

theyre sooooo pretty tho.

Hairline breakage is not an issue if the braid sections are larger around the hairline, and its not too tight. However still keep an eye on it. My edges are normally thin anyway, and they were more than fine afterward.

Back