I want to go darker after getting blonde highlights

varaneka

Hi all. I have permanently dyed my hair blue black in October 2008 and highlighted it blonde in December of '08. Most of my hair has been relaxed in the past, and I've been transitioning for about two years now.

I would say my hair is either a 2c type and/or 3a. It's naturally black/dark brown.

Now that it's summer, I have decided to stop postponing new color. I want to have a relatively all-over dark color whether it's red, brown or black. I don't want to use permanent dye anymore, though!:nono:

What can I use to achieve those results without causing my blonde highlights to turn strange colors, like green?:blush:

TIA, everybody!:drunk:

Temporary rinses are great for coloring without harsh chemicals and if you don't like the color you can wash it out :grin::grin::grin::grin:

I decided to go with permanent dye and a clear glaze. I will have to wait until my hair airdries because I just got out the shower and used Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. BTW my hair feels reallllly soft. :)

Natural Match™ Color Crème Gloss in 3C Blackest Black (Cooler)
ym5c0.jpg

John Frieda® - Luminous Color Glaze in Clear Shine

a43o03.jpg

Natural Match hair color by L'Oreal Paris is the perfect solution for those who want an easy-to-apply permanent solution with consistent results. My experience with the hair color line is with the dark brunette colors 4 and 5. The product box contains an instruction sheet, latex gloves,
developer, color crème, pomegranate oil, and conditioner.

Natural Match is similar to other hair color solutions in that you pour the color crème into the developer and shake to mix. The pomegranate oil is a relatively new addition and is advertised as a way to add shine and gloss to your hair. The best part of Natural Match is that it is ammonia free, so it does not have a strong odor and is not harsh on your hair. It is a permanent solution so you can get salon results at home.

The instruction sheet lists two methods of application: one for people who have never colored with Natural Match before and one for people who are just touching up their roots. The only difference in methods is that root touch-ups require ten minutes of soaking time on the roots only and then the remaining solution is added to the rest of the hair. I choose to cover my full head all at once regardless of how long it has been since I colored and it works every time.

Natural Match is also a great hair color for gray hair. I have never had a problem covering my gray hair, though it is of course very noticeable when it grows back because I am a brunette. The product recommends coloring every 4-5 weeks however I have colored more often without any trouble.

The conditioner that comes with Natural Match hair color is infused with aloe vera and green tea and it makes my hair incredibly polished and soft after I use it. Enough conditioner is provided to last for several weeks (one use per week) and I have never run out before my next Natural Match hair coloring session.

Hi all. I have permanently dyed my hair blue black in October 2008 and highlighted it blonde in December of '08. Most of my hair has been relaxed in the past, and I've been transitioning for about two years now.

I would say my hair is either a 2c type and/or 3a. It's naturally black/dark brown.

Now that it's summer, I have decided to stop postponing new color. I want to have a relatively all-over dark color whether it's red, brown or black. I don't want to use permanent dye anymore, though!:nono:

What can I use to achieve those results without causing my blonde highlights to turn strange colors, like green?:blush:

TIA, everybody!:drunk:

I love Natural Instincts in Ebony Mocha (soft brown/black) or Midnight (Jet Black). It's demi-permanent dye. :grin:

I am soo happy with the results

I didn't know they had demi-permanent

I was too busy picking the darkest black to even check if it was just permanent lol

Back