I want to do better

LifeafterLHCF

Ok lovely ladies of the CF.I need help!I'm getting old and it don't want to be like my mother who is unhappily married for 20yrs and is messing around with male friends emotionally.I have alot of baggage and pain that stems from bad upbringing.I don't see myself as worth so I can't seem to reflect the confidence that is real not fake.I can't seem to have relationships with males or females typically because I'm too intense.It makes me not want to even interact with people because I may scare them.I got myself to the point where I just accepted that I'm fat,ugly,and will probable never have finacial freedom and lush lifestyle and will never marry or even have a real serious relationship with a man that is correct.I know this is very negative.I have but on a good mask for years because that how my stepfather wanted it.I feel like I have prayed so much and often about my situation and I want to be better and pruning is the only way.It hurts sometimes like its a knife going to the depths of my soul.I feel like I'm crying inside because it hurts.It like all my issues are out on the table and God is making me work through each and everyone of them.

I come to you ladies to ask what tips you may have on spritually growth or growth in general.I guess this is why Im not interested in hair and makeup as much anymore.I use to spend all my little money on some hair but now I think what the point at buying another piece of hair or makeup.You will never have all the newest things.And is life only about looking good is life about more.I in no way knock looking nice..I love doing my makeup everyday to the T with lashes and all.

TIA

I hear what you are saying. I had to come to terms with my hangups and I am giving them over to the Lord. One of my major strongholds was not thinking I was good enough and struggles with negative thinking about myself. I decided that I was tired and wanted to be free. I began to seek God with all my heart and He is healing me from the inside.

Pray, fast, get the Word in you. Speak the word over your life. Confess what God says about you. Give it over to God.

Trade all your pain, shame for the Joy of the Lord.

Know that you are special, God loves you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

I hear what you are saying. I had to come to terms with my hangups and I am giving them over to the Lord. One of my major strongholds was not thinking I was good enough and struggles with negative thinking about myself. I decided that I was tired and wanted to be free. I began to seek God with all my heart and He is healing me from the inside.

Pray, fast, get the Word in you. Speak the word over your life. Confess what God says about you. Give it over to God.

Trade all your pain, shame for the Joy of the Lord.

Know that you are special, God loves you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Amen and amen. Not too much to say after what health& hair told you. That is the absolute truth! The healing takes time but God knows how much and when to start, stop, or pause where you are concerned. Everything you said you feel will cease to exist once you start to see yourself the way God sees you. He loves you. No really... he LOVES you. You are beautiful. You must begin the process of doing battle. Renew your mind by combatting negative thoughts with positive words spoken out loud. Take every thought captive. Example, "I'll probably never have a proper relationship with a man." Ask yourself who told me that? When did I start feeling/ thinking this way? Where did that come from? Eventually, with God's help, your mind will begin to change. You have to speak some things out loud b/c death (negative thoughts which lead to a lost desire to go on and then inward death followed possibly by premature physical death) and life are in the power of the tongue. Say the things God has said about you especially when you don't feel like it. Especially when your day is jacked up. Show the enemy, greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. That's not just some catchy slogan that's how it IS. Satan does not want you thinking about what you are thinking about. He doesn't want you praying and searching the bible to find out what God has said about you. He wants you to continue to receive info from statistics, books, your trifling co-workers or cousins who give advice all the times but couldn't recognize joy (not happiness- cause happy is subject to circumstances) if it sat down next to them and spoke. Coco, one of the dirtiest tricks of the enemy is to make us feel alone. Like no one else has been through what we have or no one could understand pain so deep it hurts to breathe. He also loves to have us compare ourselves to other women. This is a BIG no no. You are unique. I've been there. We all have. Still go there sometimes but now I just pass through. I don't stay there. I pull out my weapons and go for what I know. God did not leave us helpless or hopeless. I'm glad you have realized your feelings aren't lining up with God's feelings and are taking steps to change that. I will post some confessions. I hope that along with prayer, fasting from something significant for you, praise, etc you will begin to open up your mouth and use a weapon you have readily available to you- words- to change your future. Don't underestimate words. He who made us used words to create all that is in existence. You can't change your past. You might not be able to change some things about your present. You can change your future...God is Jehovah shaalom. He wants to make you whole. He wants to restore your very soul for his name's sake.
Find and listen to Kirk Franklin's song Imagine. I can't insert a link b/c I'm at a PC at work. Find the lyrics and concentrate on them.

KNOWING WHO I AM IN CHRIST
I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).
I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).
I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).
I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).
I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).
I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17,18).

I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me (Mark 16:17,18; Luke 10:17,19).

I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9,10).

I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).

I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).
I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).
I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).
I am God’s childfor I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).

I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).
I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
I am a spirit beingalive to God (Romans 6:11;1 Thessalonians 5:23).
I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (2 Corinthians 4:4).
I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22, 25).
I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).
I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).
I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3,4).
I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).

I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).
I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I am not my own (1 Corinthians 6:19).
I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).
I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).
I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).
I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).
I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).
I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).
I am called of God to be the voice of His praise (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).
I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).
I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12;).
I am greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).
I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).
I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).
I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward (Philippians 3:14).

For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
Copyright © 2008 Joyce Meyer Ministries, Inc.

ITA with the above poster. Speak those things over your life. In the mirror each day if you have to. Words have power. I've done this before and I think its helped me. Find something new to love about you each day, and remember- there is probably nothing anyone can tell you to make you feel better instantly. Self worth, or relaization of ti comes with walking with God and learning to trust and love him. In doing so it should reflect on you, because you are in His image. He loves you, no matter what, sounds cliche, but the actualization of it is a beautiful thing. You will get to that realization in Jesus name. You can do it, He's your strength....

Hi, Coco_diva,

Well guess what? You're not your mom. And you're not your past. God forgives us of EVERYTHING, no matter how small or big we think they are. Keep believing that and things will get easier for you. It works.
God loves you just the way you are. I'm reading the bolded and I see evidence of growth ... :yep:

Ok lovely ladies of the CF.I need help!I'm getting old and it don't want to be like my mother who is unhappily married for 20yrs and is messing around with male friends emotionally.I have alot of baggage and pain that stems from bad upbringing.I don't see myself as worth so I can't seem to reflect the confidence that is real not fake.I can't seem to have relationships with males or females typically because I'm too intense.It makes me not want to even interact with people because I may scare them.I got myself to the point where I just accepted that I'm fat,ugly,and will probable never have finacial freedom and lush lifestyle and will never marry or even have a real serious relationship with a man that is correct.I know this is very negative.I have but on a good mask for years because that how my stepfather wanted it.I feel like I have prayed so much and often about my situation and I want to be better and pruning is the only way.It hurts sometimes like its a knife going to the depths of my soul.I feel like I'm crying inside because it hurts.It like all my issues are out on the table and God is making me work through each and everyone of them.

I come to you ladies to ask what tips you may have on spritually growth or growth in general.I guess this is why Im not interested in hair and makeup as much anymore.I use to spend all my little money on some hair but now I think what the point at buying another piece of hair or makeup.You will never have all the newest things.And is life only about looking good is life about more.I in no way knock looking nice..I love doing my makeup everyday to the T with lashes and all.

TIA

.I come to you ladies to ask what tips you may have on spritually growth or growth in general.

1 John 5:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4For whatever is (A)born of God (B)overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith
what does born of God mean?

(A)who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

9No one who is (A)born of God (B)practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

29If you know that (A)He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness (B)is born of Him.

5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of (A)water and the Spirit he cannot enter into (B)the kingdom of God.

23for you have been (A)born again (B)not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring (C)word of God.

God will give you the victory over many things you are struggling with. You just have to have faith, that he can. Then ask for it. Whatever your struggling with your weight, your faith, your bad habits whatever. He will take it away will you still struggle yes from time to time you will but you will have the power to overcome. Jesus said he is the OVERCOMER. So we know we can overcome our many hang ups and put them in the lap of Jesus and walk in his footsteps. Now I am fired up for God. I dont take my eyes off of God. I keep a bible in my purse in my car on my desk at work. I keep the bible promise book with me at all times. I take notes in church and type them out with all the scriptures I could not complete out and go over it and over it. ( I do this to make sure what the pastor teaches is on point with the scriptures) also if you do this on the biblegateway it gives you more scriptures that agrees with that scripture. AMEN. This gives me strength and power. I have no time for fear or doubt as I study I get stronger and stronger and more acceptance of myself and I am building more confidence in myself. Because no matter what some fool said, on here or out in the streets, I have faith in the Word and I know God loves me just as I am. He loves and accepts me and all my faults and he builds me up. I pray these words encourage you in your steps to get closer to Christ.
Please try to find a true bible based or bible teaching church and take great notes and study out those notes to help you in your walk and help you build up your faith.

Ok lovely ladies of the CF.I need help!I'm getting old and it don't want to be like my mother who is unhappily married for 20yrs and is messing around with male friends emotionally.

I have alot of baggage and pain that stems from bad upbringing.I don't see myself as worth so I can't seem to reflect the confidence that is real not fake.I can't seem to have relationships with males or females typically because I'm too intense.It makes me not want to even interact with people because I may scare them.

I got myself to the point where I just accepted that I'm fat,ugly,and will probable never have finacial freedom and lush lifestyle and will never marry or even have a real serious relationship with a man that is correct.

I know this is very negative.I have but on a good mask for years because that how my stepfather wanted it.I feel like I have prayed so much and often about my situation and I want to be better and pruning is the only way.It hurts sometimes like its a knife going to the depths of my soul.

I feel like I'm crying inside because it hurts.It like all my issues are out on the table and God is making me work through each and everyone of them.

I come to you ladies to ask what tips you may have on spritually growth or growth in general.I guess this is why Im not interested in hair and makeup as much anymore.I use to spend all my little money on some hair but now I think what the point at buying another piece of hair or makeup.

You will never have all the newest things.And is life only about looking good is life about more.I in no way knock looking nice..I love doing my makeup everyday to the T with lashes and all.

TIA

Each day that you live, you are a warm hug from God. :huggle: Yes... YOU :yep:

YOU are a warm and gentle and loving hug from God. And there is nothing and no one who can change the beauty that you have and the beauty that you are.

I've learned that at my largest weight, I was never less loved than I was at my smallest weight. Now that I live in between, I am still loved; because I am loved for me.

And Sweet CoCo, so are you. You are loved for you. :love2:

Consider the source of where the negative 'image' you 'see' of yourself. Consider the source. If it's negative, than we know it's not from God, therefore everything negative that has been around you is all a lie.

These lies do not fit in with you, which is why you feel bad when you think about them. They are painful because just as a wrong size shoe, they do not fit. So, get rid of what doesn't belong and move in the beauty and joy of who you really are.

For a long time, I wore make up because I thought it would make me 'more' beautiful. Then it became too much work and too much money going down the drain, especially when the colors / hues / shades / and textures didn't match.

One day I stepped out of the house with a clean face and clean eyes. No lipstick, no lip gloss, no mascara, no blush, and I never felt more freer and more beautiful and I've been free of hiding behind make up ever since. I wear it on 'special' occasions or 'just because' I feel like it. But I love my natural skin better. Each day, I only wear 'clear' mascara to condition my eyelashes.

I'm sharing this with you because, the real you inside wants to come out and shine for all the world to see. All you have to do is step out beyond your fears. Come out of hiding and just shine, as you are, who you are. Deep down you know you are beautiful and that you have so much to give to life and to those whom God has called you to.

You've given something to me. A little sister, that I adore praying for and look forward to your posts for you do have much to teach, to heal and to convey that will set others free.

So, Sweet Coco, walk away from the negative and let it stay behind you. It doesn't have enough strength to follow you. For behind you is the Goodness and Mercies of God which will follow and love and cherish and protect you, all the days of your life. :love3:

Let it go.... Just simply let it go. Letting go of the negative cannot hurt you. It has no power against God's blessings which are being showered upon you. Let it go and don't look back. You can do this and you will. In Jesus' Name... you will. For God is with you and for you all the way. :Rose:

Last edited:
See yourself how God sees you. As fearfully and wonderfully made in HIS image for HIS purpose. Yes we all like to look good but remember that he told us to be more concerned with the inner man than the outward adornings (1 Peter 3). And as others have said, your words carry power and its to your disadvantage to cosign with the enemy on anything! So speak the word and define yourself according to the word.

Thank you ladies so much.I know that so much at times is thrown at me and I'm starting to figure out that God has something really big instore for bc the devil wants me out.I'm noticing Im not cursing up a storm hwn something spills or there traffic..I see have work to do but I'm noticing God's hand even more in my life.I feel calm even though things around me aren't.

Shimmie I can't read your post at work because I start crying.I don't know what it's about you but it's so pure like sugar cane.

Coco_diva4 aka Christian O.

Back