I want to color my hair - please help!!

Linxnme

Hello everyone:

I am bored and I want to color my hair, but I am afraid here is why. I have relaxed hair and naturally it is black. A few years ago, I wanted to dye the whole head brown and then add highlights. It came out very very nice. Then about two years after that I did the same thing, and two weeks laters I went to do my touch up with a perm (one that I had not previously used) and my hair fell out. My hair dresser said that it could have been a bad perm and all though I had a huge circle in the back of my head she said the color was nice! :) had to laugh at that one. Well that was not enough of a learning lesson for me because like a year after that I did it again and it came out well however it eventually started to shed in that 'circle' area, which now I realize I probably could have prevented that with a good protien treatment.

Well here I am again. But this time although I want to I will hold out from dying my hold head first. I am willing to put highlights on top of the black hair - I guess :(

So I have been reading about the Textures and Tones - Bronze on
kitchen tician's page and it looks soooo nice.

Would that color take on my black hair as highlights?
How should I prepare for coloring?
Any other tips would be great.

Thanks.

Hello,
I used TnT in Bronze also and it lifted my hair nicely. I had never before been able to color my hair successfully, even at a salon. Take a look at my pics in my Fotki.

nicki6 said:
Hello,
I used TnT in Bronze also and it lifted my hair nicely. I had never before been able to color my hair successfully, even at a salon. Take a look at my pics in my Fotki.

Thanks Nicki6. The color looks nice. I think I am going to do it (knees shaking) :)

Back