I want this style..but I refuse to go to a stylist..HELP

hair4romheaven

I am almost 10mnths into my transition and currently have a full weave. it has been 3 weeks and I want it out. It looks ok but I want something different. I am trying to go natural while becoming a total DIYer. So this is where i need help. My edges are a little thin so i won't be braiding/twisting it. I searched and found the hair from khamit kinks. I want it the way its styled in the photo
My questions
How many packs should I get?
How can I accomplish this style?
My hair is SL but close to APL stretched can I still get this style? I don't mind cutting as I am transitioning and if I can master this style I will make this my signature transition style for the next 12-14mnths. :yep:
Do you think it will cause stress on my hair as some spots are still recovering. i figure since I am doing it my self there will be tension control on those areas.:perplexed
I know we have ladies on this board that can master this style so help me start it. THANKS

Attachments

• Tracy_twist.jpg
    Tracy_twist.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 76
It looks to me like twists that are halfway undone.

If all that isn't her hair, then she got some wavy hair and then did kinky twists halfway--or maybe as far as her hair goes--then left the rest undone.

http://www.khamitkinks.com/hair.html

Thanks Nonie...The link above shows what kind of hair it is. It's called baby curl hair. The models hair is braided or twisted with this hair.
I am trying to figure out if it's braided or twisted amongst my other questions above. lol

It looks twisted...which is why I thought it was all her hair partly twisted out.

I think twisted looks nicer. It makes it look as if it's all yours and you just didn't complete your twist-out. It has a continuity that looks nice.

Girl you better twist your hair for a twist-out, and let it set overnight or under the dryer, and unravel each twist half way. Just part your hair however you want the style to lay, and go for it! This should be easy. I wouldn't even use fake hair, with your length, you should get pretty good results...

Girl you better twist your hair for a twist-out, and let it set overnight or under the dryer, and unravel each twist half way. Just part your hair however you want the style to lay, and go for it! This should be easy. I wouldn't even use fake hair, with your length, you should get pretty good results...

I use to do that but with so much NG its so not happening any more. My NG is seriously punking my relaxed ends.:nono: It makes my relaxed ends look super bone straight & wimpy. Which is why I am going natural. (bone straight relaxer disaster by a stylist)

Yes it is twist. On your hair since you are transitioning, you may need to twist further down until your real hair ends to protect the ends..otherwise your relaxed ends arent going to blend with the "baby curl hair"..So since your hair is shoulder length, I would suggest you get longer hair than the pic above. There are several tutorials on YT to do kinky twists..my friend learned from YT and her hair looked professionally done. You doing it yourself is great especially like you said for tension control. You dont have to do it too tight in the areas where your hair is thinning.
The hair that you selected, that is waaayyy expensive. I thought it was a typo- $55/ounce! You can get hair that looks the exact same at BSS for under $10 a pack for kinky twists. If you want human hair like that, you can still find several BSS that have bulk human hair that looks like that texture. Plus if you want that particular hair, it doesnt look like its gonna be long enough for your SL hair

Yes it is twist. On your hair since you are transitioning, you may need to twist further down until your real hair ends to protect the ends..otherwise your relaxed ends arent going to blend with the "baby curl hair"..So since your hair is shoulder length, I would suggest you get longer hair than the pic above. There are several tutorials on YT to do kinky twists..my friend learned from YT and her hair looked professionally done. You doing it yourself is great especially like you said for tension control. You dont have to do it too tight in the areas where your hair is thinning.
The hair that you selected, that is waaayyy expensive. I thought it was a typo- $55/ounce! You can get hair that looks the exact same at BSS for under $10 a pack for kinky twists. If you want human hair like that, you can still find several BSS that have bulk human hair that looks like that texture. Plus if you want that particular hair, it doesnt look like its gonna be long enough for your SL hair

This is where I get stuck...trying to find the hair. LOL..I will go to a feww BSS to try to find the hair (human pref.) synthetic hair itches my scalp. I really don't mind cutting my hair since I can't wear it out with the 2 textures and all..if i do cut I will be committing to transitioning in a sense. I do want the shorter look like the pic so I guess I am off to research. I did see some YT vids..which gave me the idea. :yep:

Back