I want this hairstyle!!

AllAboutTheHair

I need a little styling assistance ladies, I want my hair to be styled (without a curling iron) like this:
macygray4a.jpg

can you tell me what size rollers to use, do I need to use setting lotion or mousse, can this look be achieved with a special sort of twist out? :dunno: TIA

I have never used mousse for a rollerset, I have used setting lotion, but it's not my preference. I normally use a creamy leave in when I do a spiral or straw set. I think you can achieve something close with a twistout, but rods will be your best option. You need to use very small rods, like the one pictured below. HTH

Attachments

• rod.jpg
    rod.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 14
That hairstyle is HOT!
ITA with cincy - I think that rods will give you the results.
Er-um (clearing throat), when you get that style, please let us take a peek, k? :grin:

Tiny rods and her hair is extra full because I believe that she is also natural. I would say use a creme setting lotion. Also after a few days it is just going to look like an afro unless you use really really firm setting lotion. Isn't that Macy Gray?

AllAboutTheHair said:
I need a little styling assistance ladies, I want my hair to be styled (without a curling iron) like this:
macygray4a.jpg

can you tell me what size rollers to use, do I need to use setting lotion or mousse, can this look be achieved with a special sort of twist out? :dunno: TIA

Pretty much looks like my twistouts before I put on my headbands. And those yellow rods are what I use too!

to achieve a style like this I used small-medium size flexible rods and ORS lock and twist gel (yes lock and twist gel!), shea butter and some elasta's recovery lotion. The results were great I got compliments on my hair all day long, my hair came out soft shiny and not greasy. What I did was wash and deep conditioned my hair I didn't bother separating in sections because I was using flexi rods but you can if you want. for each section of hair that I put the rod on I emulsified shea butter in my hands by rubbing vigorously, then I used some Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel (dime size) and then a drop of Elasta's Recovery, when I put it on my hair it was very white and creamy (I was worried) but when my hair was dried there were no flakes or stiffness just soft shiny ringlets all uniform in size! Once all the rods are in you can sit under a hooded dryer for about 45-1 hour (since you said no heat then you'd probably have to sleep overnight with this in your hair). When you wake up spray some spray sheen like Protectiv's sheen spray (smells divine and the shine is wonderful) separate each curl to show definition, fluff and go! I hope this works for you! But I can't stop singing the praises of the Lock and Twist Gel!:)

Back