I want this hairstyle...

MsLizziA

tracie.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what kind of hairstyle this is? I would love to have it because i know my hair is long enough for it i just don't know how to achieve it! All help is appreciated!

Cute!! You can achieve that style with a 2 strand twist set or if you really want to define the spirals a straw set but that's too tedious for me.

I would 2 strand twist it with a product that will really define the set like Kinky curly custard or whatever you use . Do relatively smallish twists and then separate them.

Hope that helps.

This lady usually has intricate, cute hairstyles ... at least from what I've seen.

My guess is as good as yours. Shingling? Mini 2-strand twists? or even mini 2-strand twistout?

I wish I knew I have always loved her hair from afar.

Here it is long. It looks like straw sets and it grows like weeds, unless this is some type of weave, which I don't think, but I am not sure.

Tracie-Thoms3.jpg

Here it is long. It looks like straw sets and it grows like weeds, unless this is some type of weave, which I don't think, but I am not sure.

Tracie-Thoms3.jpg
That's some kind of extensions. You can tell by the roots

Yeah, they look like extensions....but there's nothing wrong with that. I would rock those extensions if I could find them.

Yeah, she was on Private Practice last night with the long twists.

The style was definitely 2 strand kinky twists with extensions.

I have had this style myself and if I knew how to post pics with my MAC I would :spinning:

I'm gonna do them again but this time I want them long like hers and I'm gonna rock them all Spring & Summer.

She said in the article that was posted that it's extensions--braided at the roots and two strand twist the rest of the way down--for the longer style. The shorter style looks like really tiny two strand twist out.

Anywho, I think Tracie and her hair are adoreable.

Yeah, she was on Private Practice last night with the long twists.

The style was definitely 2 strand kinky twists with extensions.

I have had this style myself and if I knew how to post pics with my MAC I would :spinning:

I'm gonna do them again but this time I want them long like hers and I'm gonna rock them all Spring & Summer.
upload them to fotki or photobucket then post them. I want to see

upload them to fotki or photobucket then post them. I want to see

Girl, I am a tech dummie!! I have tried to teach myself but duhhhh!!

I'm reading MAC for dummies as we speak.

I'll try my best.

ETA: I have bought the hair from Lugo too and I know another guy that sells the hair at the ladies house that does my twists , like Mscocoface says it's called afro kinky

ETA2: still trying to post pic

Last edited:
tracie.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what kind of hairstyle this is? I would love to have it because i know my hair is long enough for it i just don't know how to achieve it! All help is appreciated!
This style seems to be her own natural hair texture that was finished off with some kind of curl defining creme or gel.

To achieve this style you would need a creme that is moisturizing but also curl defining like miss jessies or gel layered with some condish and a little bit of a butter or oil.

Judging from your curly texture in your siggy I'd say you could easily achieve this by shingling with SunSilk Captivating Curls Gel Creme Twist or a standard Gel like Eco Styler or IC Fantasia Gel.

Tracie-Thoms3.jpg
This is clearly twist or braid extensions with loose ends and I am officially on the hunt for that hair!!:love: Its GORGE!! I *must* have it......I would do some FLY crochet braids with that hair I can just see it now:love3: I will definitely be making a trip to Lugo's horray for living in NYC!:pulpdance::grin:

Try taking pieces of hair freehand and twirling it to define the curl:yep: that should provide for more hang.

I think shingling may be the ticket for you to get this look, but you may get a bit of a fuller head of curls depending on thickness.

Finally figured out how to post the pic of my kinky twists.
IMG_0220-1.jpg

The smaller pic is my kinky twists, shorter than Tracies but the same look.

Back