I want this color out!!

Lovelylocs

As many of u probably know, I had my hair lightened with a demi-permanent hair color in October of last year. The results were extremely dry hair that I am still currently nursing back to health. A little over a week ago, I had a rinse put in after my relaxer retouch. The stylist said that this would be a good idea. I dont mind the rinse, but I dont like the color. It is like a burgundy red. When I wash my hair the water turns pink which means that it is washing out, but the color still looks strong. I am worried that this color will stick to the previously colored sections of my hair. I really dont want it to. How long will it be before I know for sure?
BTW, the rinse was by Jazzing.

I hate to tell you this but my dresser said Jazzing lasts for 9-15 months. It's supposed to be the strongest of rinses.

My hair always held on to jazzing red colors longer than I expected. I think most semi-permi colors come out from 12-24 shampoos, but I am not 100% sure. I used to just use Clairol Uncolor (for semi-permanent color) to remove my color and go with something new or I would just put a different color on top of it to see what the result would be.

Lovelylocs said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is uncolor stripping?
Not to me. However, you have to use it with heat, but when you deep condition you do that without heat. As long as you deep condition afterwards you should be alright.

Those burgundy rinses do seem to last forever and they seem so strong. In high school my friend would put it in her hair, and it would last forever. It also used to stain her scalp. Dark brown rinses on the other hand, don't seem to last as long. Mine usually wash out after one or two washes.

Yea, this color stained my scalp too. ANd it isnt washing off so quickly, but the color always comes out under my nails whenever I run my fingers thru my hair or rub my head. I am reading online that Dawn dishwashing liquid and baking soda are two options to make the color go away faster, but u have to use a really deep conditioner afterwards. What do u guys think?

I think Dawn would be very harsh on your hair. I have never tried it though. I thnk ladies use baking soda to exfoliate their scalp, so that may not be as bad, but I don't know for sure.

My sis used to work at Sally's and she also said that people recommended using dishwashing liquid to remove color. I don't know though, it does seem kind of harsh. And like it may be hard to rinse out, b/c I noticed with dishwashing liquid you have to keep rinsing a washcloth forever to get it completely out. I think maybe you should just go with the uncolor.

Back