I want THICKER! Bigger strands & more hair in 2011!

Sweet yes Megatek is marketed for horses however after reading numerous post and talking to the lady at the equestrian store where I purchased my megatek I decided to go with the Megatek. OCT (same ingredients as megatek) is another growth aid that some of the members use however it is much more expensive and reports of increased growth as opposed to thickness. I am concerned about growth but when I started this HHJ in Aug of 10 healthy hair was my primary concern. The pic on the left is from Aug 2010 and the right pic is from last week after airdrying.

damn look at your ends !! they are full and thick ! what are you doing on this thread :lol: lol your strands are already beautiful !!
but your improvement is very inspiring !! 6 months !!

I've also seen a improvement, at the 2nd cassia application.
I was shocked.
Now every week I do a cassia/amla/brahmi/maka treatment.
no growth aid. but I want to add protein in my regimen so I'm thinking of a yogurt/molasses treatment.

I've just bought sulfated castor oil(for my moisturizing spritz)
I'm already happy with my ayur regimen, my twists are no more anorexia :rolleyes: but why not give a try to castor oil..

damn look at your ends !! they are full and thick ! what are you doing on this thread :lol: lol your strands are already beautiful !!

I was shocked.
no growth aid. but I want to add protein in my regimen so I'm thinking of a yogurt/molasses treatment.

I'm already happy with my ayur regimen, my twists are no more anorexia :rolleyes: but why not give a try to castor oil..

Where did you find sulfated castor oil?

LOL @ Krystle--Thanks for the compliment, the first one ever!!! I have thin strands and have to work to keep it from breaking. If I told you all of the unhealthy things I used to do to my hair (like relaxing every 4 weeks) prior to becoming a paying member on this forum you would not believe it. Just started stretching my perms to 8 weeks which is a major milestone for me. I hope to try for 12 weeks but not sure my tightly coiled natural strand can handle the stress. Also, I asked my hairdresser not to trim until I reach my first goal even if it looks uneven. Anyway just wanted to say hello--noticed your location. My son R.J. is in Manchester now doing a music tour. He is a financial manager and best friend for J Cole (JZ artist). He is having a blast!

I wonder if JBCO is truly superior or if that is all marketing hogwash? Either way I have read up on it and I really want to try it. :lol:

How would you compare the 2 amwcah?

Anyone taking fish oil?

I began taking it a week ago for all around health benefits, and just realized that it is known to treat mild hair loss as well along with nourish your existing strands. It won't, however, cure a medical condition or a male pattern balding type situation.

I think I need to start including more fish in my diet to get more omega's, which sucks, cuz I hate most fish. Salmon is extremely healthy though, so I am going to force myself to like it :yep: I also heard that walnuts have alot of hair loving omegas as well.

I will begin my healthy diet tomorrow. I have been stressed out latley due to negative situations which equals eating ALOT of junk food :nono: ughhhh. *sips detox tea* I feel like sh!t for it too :nono:

I was shocked.

Where do you get your cassia and maka from, and what is the ratio?

Yep! That is it. I only use the rebuilder, not the other products. Also to answer your question RE: Castor Oil. I use both-- the plain ole Castor Oill and JBCO. Not sure if one is superior over the other, if I have meetings scheduled or planning something that requires close proximity to others-- I use the regular castor oil. The JBCO has a distinct smell (like you have been standing over a smokey grill).

Where did you find sulfated castor oil?
i don't think you leave in Paris too, lol but I have find some US webstores where you can find it.
Organic Creations Wholesale Soap Making Supplies
Castor Oil | Aromaland
one UK : Buy Turkey Red Bath Oil benefits uses UK

HTH

LOL @ Krystle--Thanks for the compliment, the first one ever!!! I have thin strands and have to work to keep it from breaking. If I told you all of the unhealthy things I used to do to my hair (like relaxing every 4 weeks) prior to becoming a paying member on this forum you would not believe it. Just started stretching my perms to 8 weeks which is a major milestone for me. I hope to try for 12 weeks but not sure my tightly coiled natural strand can handle the stress. Also, I asked my hairdresser not to trim until I reach my first goal even if it looks uneven. Anyway just wanted to say hello--noticed your location. My son R.J. is in Manchester now doing a music tour. He is a financial manager and best friend for J Cole (JZ artist). He is having a blast!

:) Hope we gonna have great results !!
I'm actually thinking moving to UK and i'm thinking about Manchester or Brighton. it's totally not the same, yes I know but that's my two favorite places besides London(which will be too much expensive for me(student)

Mmmh I would like your thoughts. What about mega-tek, the pink label. It has the same ingredients(castor oil in plus, and other ingredients are just in a different order than the blue label) ?

What is mega tek really?
Like, what is it comprised of? Keratin mainly?? Any sketchy non FDA approved growth aids hiding in there??

I'm curious about this too. I have been lurking in the mega tek challenge threads. Looking at the ingredients I wonder what is is that promotes the growth and increase in thickness-- the keratin, castor oil, or something else. IMO, people with thick hair don't understand how lucky they are. I know it's more work, but the end result is :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
I'm curious about this too. I have been lurking in the mega tek challenge threads. Looking at the ingredients I wonder what is is that promotes the growth and increase in thickness-- the keratin, castor oil, or something else. IMO, people with thick hair don't understand how luck they are. I know it's more work, but the end result is :thumbsup:.

Ahhh ITA. We'll get there girl.

Here is a really informative older thread I just read about Mega Tek. I think it may answer some questions you have;

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...iscussion/286957-ppl-asking-what-megatek.html

As far as biotin goes, make sure you start a low amount, balance it with a b-complex and drink lots of water. A lot of people have had excellent results with it but others couldn't tolerate horrific pimples that can come as a side effect.

I took fish oil for a while (maybe a month or so?) but I stopped because I eat fish at least 3x/week anyways, so I didn't want to overdo it. There are lots of different fish but that's another area where you want to do your research and be selective because some of these fish... :nono:

As far as biotin goes, make sure you start a low amount, balance it with a b-complex and drink lots of water. A lot of people have had excellent results with it but others couldn't tolerate horrific pimples that can come as a side effect.

This is why im weary of biotin. I am really ocd about my skin and definitely CAN'T tolerate pimples :nono:

I am getting really tempted to buy megatek. They sell it at the Tractor Supply Co up the street from me :look:..:lol:

I have been taking Andrew Lessman's HSN vitamin for some time now. It ahs lots of biotin and I have had no adverse effects.

BTW- I am thinking about ordering henna today from Ayurnatural Beauty since they are having a sale. In the past, I've used Lush Caca Brun which was easy to use but I don't know if I saw a difference in my hair. But, not sure what to order.

Last edited:
I have been taking Andrew Lessman's HSN vitamin for a sometime now. It ahs lots of biotin and I have had no adverse effects.

BTW- I am thinking about ordering henna today from Ayurnatural Beauty since they are having a sale. In the past, I've used Lush Caca Brun which was easy to use but I don't know if I saw a difference in my hair. But, not sure what to order.

I heard that if you henna your hair you can never chemically color it again (until it grows out)

Something about dye reacting with the metallics. Anyone know if this is true??

@janda do you normally have acne prone skin?

I heard that if you henna your hair you can never chemically color it again (until it grows out)

Something about dye reacting with the metallics. Anyone know if this is true??

@janda do you normally have acne prone skin?

I am not a henna expert at all. I do know that you must use BAQ henna and that you have to grow it out of your hair. I don't think you are able to lighten your hair after using henna but I am unsure if you can use a rinse to darken your hair.

No my skin is not acne prone.

I wonder if JBCO is truly superior or if that is all marketing hogwash? Either way I have read up on it and I really want to try it. :lol:

How would you compare the 2 amwcah?

Exactly! Based on my experience and the reviews of other LHCF members you can reap the same benefits with regular CO. IMO, its more mind over matter than anything.

Panthenol helps with thickening. I still have a long way to go but I read about it on here and it is helping.

I heard that HESH amla/shikahi was contaminated and recalled. Do some research before you chuck out your boxes, its just what I heard..

lol, it was in 2009, and it was only a few boxes.
Yes, don't worry, I have written the reference of the boxes contaminated. not sell in France. you just have to check when you go to your indian grocer store. not to banish heshpharma :drunk:

lol, it was in 2009, and it was only a few boxes.
Yes, don't worry, I have written the reference of the boxes contaminated. not sell in France. you just have to check when you go to your indian grocer store. not to banish heshpharma :drunk:

I wish I knew if mine were contaminated. I put them in baggies and tossed the box :ohwell: *side eyes amla*

Where are you US ladies ordering your henna from?? Also, how are you preventing a reddening effect in your hair?

Back