I want Streaks & I need a relaxer

bluediamond0829

okay i really want to do something to put some life into my hair and look....i want to get streaks in my hair....i think i look so boring with just one color...but i dont want a color that is to outrageous....a couple of years back i used the African Pride Kit but it broke my hair off....and then i once used a rinse to put highlights in but i cant remember the color but i knw my mom loved them on me...but i need a relaxer and would really like to get the streaks too..i dont knw if i should wait and see what my hairstylist says on Saturday since she is doing my relaxer....or just do them myself but use a rinse or maybe there is something that has no ammonia or peroxide in it...

any suggestions ladies?

is it possible to get a relaxer and streaks at the same time?

Is there a kit that will not damage my hair if i put the streaks in and then the day after get a relaxer?

If you are going to a salon to get a relaxer, I would wait and speak to your stylist. I don't get perms anymore, but I think my stylist used to like to wait at least 2 weeks before doing the different chemical processes. A rinse, you can get with a perm, but for highlights or bleaching, she would never do them at the same time. HTH.

thanks...yea i read this last night in one of the hair magazines too..so i may have to be patient and just wait then :( ....but i just wanted to see if there was something that i could go ahead and use without the damage to my hair...

If you want to put life back into your hair, relaxing and steaking will provide only temporary superfical benefits as both are extremely damaging and over time your hair will suffer, unless you are ready for the super high maintenance, time consuming routine that will be necessary to pamper and treat your double-processed hair. But being a long time LHCFer, you probably already know that . . .

I've never use chemical dyes so I can't advice about that, but I think the better side of caution would be to relax first, wait at least 2 weeks and then color.

Henna and Indigo are only substances I'm aware of that is totally chemical-free, doesn't cause damage and leaves hair colored, conditioned and strengthened. Henna is red and Indigo is black and a range of colors can be obtained by mixing the two. I'm on the henna bandwagon because it's such and excellent product yet a lot of ladies do not consider it as an option when thinking about coloring that I always try to at least put it on the table for consideration. It is the BEST thing that has happened to my relaxed hair in a long time . . . .

If you're interested, below are a couple of links to threads on this board discussing henna.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=87256&highlight=henna

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=95169&highlight=henna

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=4201&highlight=henna

HTH!

You know the rules....relax first wait atleast 2 weeks then color... I cant say enough MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE

thanks ladies for the suggestions and advice..i will sit my impatient behind down on the streaks i dont want to cause damage and my hair is in the best condition it has been in in a long time....thanks...

Back