I want my hair to look like this

vpoetic

I really want my hair to look like Kimberely from my black is beautiful. I really look how her curls are defined. For some really I can't find a picture of her online, but her is a link to her page and a video. I hope that I don't look like a stoker.
picture
http://www.myblackisbeautiful.com/tour_events/2008/pantene_winner_kimberly.php
video
http://www.pantene.com/en-US/article/aa_kimberly_video.jspx

Does anyone know how to get my hair to look like this, I have 4a/b hair. Does any know if kinky curly curling custard or curly custard maximum will get my hair to look like this. Can someone please help, I have been trying to get my hair to look like this for the longest.

Maybe you can add some pics of your hair so the ladies on here can better advice you.

It really depends on what natural curl pattern your hair has. Not everyone can get curls like that naturally.

I think her curls are natural, at least they look like it.
Maybe a braid out or a twist out could create the same look?

4a/b hair will never achieve this look unless you are MBL and you get some sort of a roller set on curl rods.

If you are not MBL, you can get the same look with a roller set on curl rods of some sort if your texturized but it will be much shorter than the length of this model.

Type 4 hair cannot achieve this look just with curling cream alone since it's purpose is to define curls. The 4b areas will not curl up and the 4a curls are too small, imo.

I think you should try a flexi-rod set to achieve a similar look. Unlike the models, the style may be more "cottony" than "silky". If your hair is on the shorter side, you may need to use smaller rods in order to create a fuller look.

Last edited:
I agree with the other ladies, 4A/B hair will never look like that unless you get a straw set or some type of rod set. 4A curls are tiny. Maybe like someone said, if it gets Mid back length and the weight of the hair stretches it, but I wouldn't even count on that either.

^^ I agree that your hair cannot look like that unless you set it on say straws. 4B hair does have curls but they are tinier than 4A hair curls and will shrink back on themselves as they dry instead of dangling so that instead of seeing what you might see close up when you take a few strands at a time:
Wet4BHairCloseUp-vi.jpg

You will get a chunky afro that looks like this puff:
FirstAttemptataPuff-vi.jpg

But what's even scarier is if you really do not comb your hair but use fingers because you want to have this look:
anddetangledhairbelieveitornot-vi.jpg

...you will be in tears later when you have to detangle coz it will be no minor feat. It so really isn't worth it. :nono:

Nonie, are those pictures from the same person, the puff and wet curls?

Yep. Yours truly. The afro puff was the WNG I got when I followed the same directions as a 4A-er who had fluffy bouncy curls. I did comb the puff when it was dripping wet with conditioner and then wet and drenched with product and then I let it be. Didn't really look anything like hers LOL.

The other two pics, the close up and the bottom pic are my hair finger combed ie detangled using fingers with conditioner on and not using a comb that is raked through the hair, and then rinsed again using fingers to separate the strands. I never leave it like that or I would never be able to comb it. Usually I'll twist it or braid it to keep the strands from shrinking back on themselves and tangling or knotting.

Last edited:
Yep. Yours truly. The afro puff was the WNG I got when I followed the same directions as a 4A-er who had fluffy bouncy curls. I did comb the puff when it was dripping wet with conditioner and then wet and drenched with product and then I let it be. Didn't really look anything like hers LOL.

The other two pics, the close up and the bottom pic are my hair finger combed ie detangled using fingers with conditioner on and not using a comb that is raked through the hair. I never leave it like that or I would never be able to comb it. Usually I'll twist it or braid it to keep the strands from shrinking back on themselves and tangling or knotting.

You give the best advice !

Her style is very pretty but, IMHO it looks like a relaxer with a strawset.

In the video it looks natural to me..the picture however does look like it couldve been a relaxer with a strawset.

Idk, I think your best bet is the flexi rod. It might not have the same sheen but thats us 4's for ya.

Maybe you can add some pics of your hair so the ladies on here can better advice you. It really depends on what natural curl pattern your hair has. Not everyone can get curls like that naturally.

My feeling are hurt, I know that you are telling the truth, but it still hurts LOL.

In the video it looks natural to me..the picture however does look like it couldve been a relaxer with a strawset.

Idk, I think your best bet is the flexi rod. It might not have the same sheen but thats us 4's for ya.
Is it easy to do a strawset and use flexi rods yourself?? I have seen them, but I have never tried using them. And with doing this, to get her style should my hair be natural?? Thanks again everybody for your advise:yep:

Attachments

• 100_1564.jpg
    100_1564.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OT, but I would be a terrible finalist. :lachen:

Stylist: "I would recommend the anti-frizz cream..."
Me: "This **** ain't gonna stop my frizzies!"

And the girl with the long hair who they tried to add body too with a roller and some spray?
Stylist: "And you see all that body from the ice shine spray?"
Me: "(flatly) No."

:lachen:

Back