I want length. . .

BeautifulNameX

I went natural because my hair grows faster in its natural state. Plus I wear wigs sew ins and braids and swim snd stuff. So I dont wear my real hair out very often so why relax. But I do plan on wearing it straight sometimes when I reach my goal. . . .BUT. . .. .

I keep hearing all this stuff about heat damage and stuff. Im going for length I dont want anything that will stop my length. Im so confused. I mean If I relax my hair I still will need to use heat. I feel If im a use heat any way whats the point of appling chemical. . .. Im so confused.

Last edited:
There r straight haired naturals on here. There's even a thread dedicated 2 the subject. U should check it out.

I think it's possible 2 use heat & not have damage, if done properly. HTH...

Yes many naturals and former naturals (now texlax'd or tex'd) that have straightened successfully without damage. I am sure they will pop their head's in to give you advice. :)

Thanks ladies! when I was relaxed I saw all all these straight hair naturals like pinkskates and my friends in my fotki album, But now im hearing about people that had to BC again because of heat damage. im just really confused

Relaxers and hair dyes can be used, but you have to be careful and use them properly, and if you limit the use of curling irons,flat irons and such, and protect your hair from heat, you should be able to retain length.
In my case I was reckless with chemicals, and heat and I paid the price.
good luck to you.

Back