I Want It OUT!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It looks good, but my hair is just dry dry dry! I know it's this black cellophane in my hair. I shampooed at home for the first time since getting it and it's messy. Blue water everywhere! --in the tub, on the bath walls, on my towel, on the floor (from dripping hair). Ugh! I don't remember a black rinse being this much trouble.
frown.gif
--I think I will use Jazzing next time and just do it myself, because I don't remember so much mess or dryness with Jazzing when I did it myself a few times before.

I went to a baby shower yesterday and someone said they saw a green hair in my head.
blush.gif
I was like WHAT! Show me! I had them to pull the hair around to the front where I could see it. Sure enough--it was a hair whose natural color would be gray, (yeah, I guess that crazy principal gave me some gray hairs) but was now a light green color. (think Different Strokes episode when Kimberly had green hair) I was like OH NO, and I yanked that bad boy out.
smile.gif

Tracy (and others), is there anything I can do to speed up the washing out of this rinse?
mad.gif

Supergirl,

I use Sebastian Colourshines in neutral brown (aka Cellophanes). I haven't had any trouble with dryness. I always use a good moisturizing shampoo and a good moisturizing conditioner before applying Sebastian Colourshines (just did one two days ago). I'm thinking maybe this is what prevents my hair from feeling dry afterwards.

Maybe you can shampoo your hair more often to speed up the washout of the Colourshine.

I used Clairol Glints once and had brown/black stains all over everything. I shampooed my hair every day until the color was gone. It took about a week.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Supergirl,

I use Sebastian Colourshines in neutral brown (aka Cellophanes). I haven't had any trouble with dryness. I always use a good moisturizing shampoo and a good moisturizing conditioner before applying Sebastian Colourshines (just did one two days ago). I'm thinking maybe this is what prevents my hair from feeling dry afterwards.

Maybe you can shampoo your hair more often to speed up the washout of the Colourshine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know my stylist did the conditioner after she rinsed out the cellophane. She said it wouldn't take well if she conditioned it before she applied the color.
crazy.gif
But when I do it myself with Jazzing (black) or Adore (clear) then I WILL indeed condition first.

Awww! That sucks! I really like cellophanes, but I only used clear. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Well, the only way I know of to speed the rinse out process is to wash more frequently until it comes out. If you you are due for a retouch anytime soon, that will surely remove the remainder of the rinse.

Try washing with shimmering lights. Keep an eye on the color because it might become green all over. What ever product you use make to rinse or color it with make sure the base is gold.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Supergirl,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know my stylist did the conditioner after she rinsed out the cellophane. She said it wouldn't take well if she conditioned it before she applied the color.
crazy.gif
But when I do it myself with Jazzing (black) or Adore (clear) then I WILL indeed condition first.

[/ QUOTE ]
On the Colourshines bottle, the directions indicate to shampoo, towel dry hair (to 75%) and then apply the Colourshine, then rinse, shampoo and condition. I've always used a moisturizing conditioner first (learned this from our LHCF Color Guru Tracy. It always works well for my hair. Try frequent shampooing to help speed up the removal of your Colourshine (better than a harsh product to remove it quicker).

I use Colourshine Neutral Brown , and it looks black on my hair. (My hair is very dark brown, almost black.) I have not used the black, for fear of the things you mentioned. Also, when I rinse the Neutral Brown, it is a very light brown color that rinses out(not messy at all), and that fades with the second wash (but the rich color stays in my hair for four or more weeks, which is nice.)

I do a moisturizing conditioner before I have the Cellophanes Colourshine in Neutral Brown applied, as well as condition right after, and my hair is well-moisturized.

Sorry to hear about this. It does look pretty, though. Now, to combat the dryness... It should get better with each wash. Maybe you can do a moisturizing condition a couple of times next week, to moisturize your hair, as well as expedite the rinse coming out.

[ QUOTE ]
BeautyOfTruth said:
Now, to combat the dryness... It should get better with each wash. Maybe you can do a moisturizing condition a couple of times next week, to moisturize your hair, as well as expedite the rinse coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
Yep. And I know exactly what you mean, SG, cuz whenever I use the Colourshines, it DOES make my hair look & feel a little bit dry & "coated" until after the first or second wash.
crazy.gif

I've used Colourshines without a prob. but I noticed when I put olive oil as a pretreatment, the rinse came flowing out of my hair....I wasn't doing this to remove color but it happened. maybe that could moisturize your hair as well as help expedite the fading process. Just a suggestion.

Washing hair in hot water also helps remove color faster. Cooler water helps you keep it longer. It seems, also, like Tracy said there were a couple of shampoos (one was by clairol, I think and you could get it at Sally's BS) that help you get rid of color faster...but I don't remember if that was for regular color or for rinses as well. Seems like she also suggested it could be a little damaging with out the proper care.

You could shampoo more, but that would just dry your hair out even more. I would just go get some Metalex. You can find it at Sally's. Follow the instructions on the packaging.

I never use the Colorshines in Black Orchid (that's what you got) if I can help it SG. I HATE blue black rinses. It's not just the Sebastian - ALL of them run and turn the hair funny colors, no matter the brand.

When you get your next rinse buy a bright red one in addition to the dark one, and mix in about 2 or 3 tablespoons into whatever dark one you have. That'll fix those green strands. Black Orchid ALWAYS does weird things. That's why I never recommend it - even when people say they want black. I also use the Neutral Brown or sometimes the Coffee Bean - but never the Black Orchid. I'm sorry you got it.
frown.gif

I'm not sure what the dryness is about. I never have that problem. Even if I forget to deep condition before, my hair is never DRY from the rinse.
nono.gif
Can't help you there. it may just be that the other brands are better for you....

Thanks guys!

Tracy--I sho' wish I'd known about black orchid before I got it. I started to go clear that day, but changed my mind in the chair.
ohwell.gif

dang supergirl... you never cease to amaze me. I was just looking through your hair album again and i am just in love with your hair...

So is this color that turn you hair green by Sebastian? I'm a virgin when it comes to coloring. I plan on buying the colourshine in Ginger.

I had a colorshines in Ginger applied by an AA stylist in the states and my hair came out soft. When I had one applied in the DR by a dominican stylist, it came out nice and shiny but it had that hard feeling that u are describing.
Also, my sister just had this done at her dominican salon in NJ and she said that she got a lot of compliments, but that it came out with that dry/hard feeling.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Supergirl,

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
On the Colourshines bottle, the directions indicate to shampoo, towel dry hair (to 75%) and then apply the Colourshine, then rinse, shampoo and condition. I've always used a moisturizing conditioner first (learned this from our LHCF Color Guru Tracy. It always works well for my hair. Try frequent shampooing to help speed up the removal of your Colourshine (better than a harsh product to remove it quicker).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it take as well this way?

SG,

Next time try the neutral. I did not have any problems with that colourshine. My hair came out nice, but a little dry. I definitely had to use more moisturizers.

[ QUOTE ]
Lovelylocs said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Supergirl,

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it take as well this way?

[/ QUOTE ]
For my hair, yes it does.

Back