I want chopsticks, but don't know how to wear them

pmichael52172

I want chopsticks, but don\'t know how to wear them

I've seen some cute updos with chopsticks in them and finally have enough hair to do it with, but I don't know how to put them in or wear them without looking like a satellite dish.

A girl at my church has bra strap lenght hair and does this winding them with them like a fork in spagetti and secures it in a cute bun. Another girl I've seen on the train just appearantly stuck them in but they still looked cute. Some cross two chopsticks, some just use one... how can they be worn and look cute and stylish even at a semi-formal event. I've seem so beautiful lacquered ones but didn't buy them because I don't know what to do with them.

Re: I want chopsticks, but don\'t know how to wear them

I wouldn't use just one unless my hair was really long because I would be afraid it would fall out and if it hits the sidewalk, I'm never using it again.

You can use two, but 3, if placed right look really nice and dressy.

Try this link: http://www.dressytresses.com/hair-styles/default.asp

Your best bet if you have never used any is to go to Target which sells sets of 2 for $2.00 in different colors. If you want more variety, head to Claire's (in just about any mall) and buy some of theirs. They're about $4.00-$5.00 for a set of 2 and they come in different lengths, styles and colors.

Ooooo, those hairsticks on that site are purrrrdy. I'll start with Target though... you're right. I may get frustrated and not want them after all.

How do you put yours in?

I actually use the styles from the link that I gave you.
smile.gif
They're easy to do (with some adjustments depending on length) as long as you have at least shoulder length hair.

But if I want something simple, I make a regular bun by twisting my hair and wrapping it around the base, tucking the ends under. I put creme moisturizer (currently using Elasta QP Recovery) on the end of the sticks, and slide them in a little a above the bun and push them through until I can see an equal amount on both sides (unless they're short stick in which case I put them in enough to secure the hair yet still be seen).

I have only had my sticks slip out once when my hair was still a little wet. And in my gallery (when it's back up) you can see that one of my blue sticks is starting to slip because my hair is still wet.

Have fun placing them at different angles (the other picture I have in the gallery), etc.

Here is another link: http://mp.hairboutique.com/category.asp?CtgID=212

Back