I want Body and Swang too!

Deszdamona

o-kay ladies,
How do you keep that hair swang'n with lots of body after a rollerset without forsaking your moisture game?
I mean for so long, all I've used is light oils thinking this was my moisture, my hair would be all bouncy for days or until the next wash. But, the moisturizers I read about on different threads,(I have and use them all EQ, NTM, Lacio, Salerm, Rusk, even just straight butters) leave my hair feeling heavy and weighed--it's just not that fresh bouncy hair anymore. Needless to say, I end up bunning or PTing:confused:

I wanna know too. My hair looks sooo good right after a fresh rollerset but by the time I moisture and sleep on it... it looks like I didn't even do my hair.

Yea, maybe everyone is just wearing their hair out one day, then doing protective styles.
gymfreak336 said:
I wanna know too. My hair looks sooo good right after a fresh rollerset but by the time I moisture and sleep on it... it looks like I didn't even do my hair.

I am really starting to like my rollersets, so I have forsaken adding anything to my ends on the days I wear a rollerset or a braidout. Since I co-wash twice a week and deep condition on the weekends my moisture level have been fine. I will usually do a rollerset on the days I deep condition, I use NTM silk touch and Wrap setting lotion to set my hair. I make sure my hair is wet while I set it with the snap on magnetic roller (using the duck clips is still a challenge for me). I sit under the dryer for 45 minutes to dry (that's all I can stand at one time). I leave the rollers in for another 30 to 45 minutes before taking them out. This seems to work for me since I have fine hair because my hair looks fuller with this method and I still have some swing for a few days. Since my hair will be out for the next few days, for my next co-wash I will air dry with the scarve method using a creamy leave in like Profectiv breakfree and coconut oil on the ends, reapply each morning and evening wearing a bun or phony pony.

I noticed that using less product while setting leaves my hair really bouncy ( I use leave-in, serum and water) for the whole week. When I used setting lotion or moisturizer, my hair feels more coated and after a day or two, despite whatever I put in my hair, it feels coated and less bouncy.

During the week, if I use a dab of moisturizer and a quick shot of oil sheen every other day, my hair will stay bouncy:)

vitak72 said:
Yea, maybe everyone is just wearing their hair out one day, then doing protective styles.

Yep, that's pretty much how I do it. Wash on Friday.... enjoy wearing it out until Saturday (product FREE), and then by Sunday its back to moisturizing and protecting.

I always have bounce & swang w/ clean , product free hair. Even a light serum may not weigh it down much, but I do not know of any ultra light serums that are also moisturizing besides Phyto 7. Even that tends to build up after days of not washing. HTH

hmm. I'm going to try this since I'm not really into Protective styles. Not yet anyways.
macherieamour said:
I noticed that using less product while setting leaves my hair really bouncy ( I use leave-in, serum and water) for the whole week. When I used setting lotion or moisturizer, my hair feels more coated and after a day or two, despite whatever I put in my hair, it feels coated and less bouncy.

During the week, if I use a dab of moisturizer and a quick shot of oil sheen every other day, my hair will stay bouncy:)

o-kay so you get your moisture from your D'cing treatments. Sounds good.
Lissa0821 said:
I am really starting to like my rollersets, so I have forsaken adding anything to my ends on the days I wear a rollerset or a braidout. Since I co-wash twice a week and deep condition on the weekends my moisture level have been fine. I will usually do a rollerset on the days I deep condition, I use NTM silk touch and Wrap setting lotion to set my hair. I make sure my hair is wet while I set it with the snap on magnetic roller (using the duck clips is still a challenge for me). I sit under the dryer for 45 minutes to dry (that's all I can stand at one time). I leave the rollers in for another 30 to 45 minutes before taking them out. This seems to work for me since I have fine hair because my hair looks fuller with this method and I still have some swing for a few days. Since my hair will be out for the next few days, for my next co-wash I will air dry with the scarve method using a creamy leave in like Profectiv breakfree and coconut oil on the ends, reapply each morning and evening wearing a bun or phony pony.

reviving this thread!!! my hair is only neck length so i don't really protective style. i jus wear it down and curly most days. i would like to know the answer to this question as well. i've been researching and it looks like some only moisturize their hair every other day or not at all between washes bc they get the moisture they need thru dc. anyone else do this? i moisturize everyday and my hair feels totally disgusting by the third day and causes me to wash sooner than 1 a week. i think twice a week for my hair is too much manipulation. HELP!!!

I tend to moisturize heavily on wash day (leave in, serum, more leave in on dry hair). And, it stays moisturized for at least 2 days before I need to add some moisture to my ends. I'm not heavy handed with the moisture, so I don't get the greasies...I can wear a rollerset, or my hair down for at least 5 days before I feel the need to wash again.

Back