I want Amel Larrieaux hair but dunno how...help!!

suzepf

Ok y'all, I'm and oldie but newbie aka I just paid my $5.00 after being a cheapo deapo for a year. I finally did it :yep: yep I did! So here is my dilema. My hurr is currently umm i say almost near my bra strap BUT I want it down to my booty with no perm liek Amel Larieux and Joy Denalane (before she hacked her hair off of course) I just want crazy big natural strong hair. But I don't want to start over and cut it all off to start fresh. :nono: I want to ease into transition. I tried this 2x and after 7 months, I give in to a relaxer due to it's thickness. I just be breaking combs and ish. :perplexed So the question sis what in the hell do I put in my hair to keep it strong and growing and growing fast. And how do I maintain the ish while it's growing? What on erff are the best oils, shampoo's and conditioners? Help me out, I'm clueless. I don't have a fotki but I have a Myspace.

Myspace/suzepf or search by [email protected] (Suzy Q)

Just let your relaxer grow out and get trims. It'll be a long transition but it can be done. Many ladies on this board do long transitions. As long as you take care of your hair, you'll be fine. There's a wealth of knowledge on this board. Check out the Transitioner's Support Thread. That should be a good start.

You can try wetting your hair and applying conditioner before combing so you don't break combs. I would be in trouble without my spray bottle and conditioner.

This is so off topic- but Amel cut her hair(Sept. Lucky). She's featured and looks amazing but I was shocked. i miss her hair-thank goodness I have tons of pics

Back on topic... Buns, braidouts, sets, flat ironing roots on occasion...My mother grew hair her relaxer out to Amel's length without the big chop. Take your time when dealing with the two tex.'s.

This is so off topic- but Amel cut her hair(Sept. Lucky). She's featured and looks amazing but I was shocked. i miss her hair-thank goodness I have tons of pics

Back on topic... Buns, braidouts, sets, flat ironing roots on occasion...My mother grew hair her relaxer out to Amel's length without the big chop. Take your time when dealing with the two tex.'s.

You are kidding! Why Lord? :cry: She cut her hair? Please scan the pictures of her new hair do if you can and post them on this board so that I can have a good cry.

CurlyJ - I don't know much about transitioning, but I do know that long natural hair is possible. :) Dealing with 2 different textures can be difficult, or so I have heard. I hope someone who has transitioned can come in here and give some advice, otherwise search on "transitioning" or similar.
Good luck!

I found this on a fan site:
52dfztljs9.jpg

Its not that great a pic, but you can tell her hair is about chin length now.
It looks cute.

I wish I had not come in here. I did not need to know that.:cry2: Whyyyyyy!!!!:cantlook:

My heart is broken:perplexed joy, kelis, and now amel.:nono: But, it is still pretty. eta: welcome back suzepf. The only thing I can say is to take care of your ends and demarcation area.

Last edited:
I'm doing a long transition to natural. Keeping my hair moisturized and frequently washing it is helping to make my transition easy. Do some experimentation and find out what works best for your hair. I only use heat for deep conditioning. I wear my hair in an updo, bun, ponytail and hanging down and loose, sometimes.

Some of my Favorite Products

Shampoo: Breakthru

Conditioner / Moisturizer: White Rain, VO5, Suave, Herbal Essences

Moisturizer: S-Curl

Oils: Coconut, Amla, Vatika, EVOO

Comb: Bone, Jilbere Shower, Jumbo Rake

Miscellaneous: Henna

HTH :) and HHG!
5.gif

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
7.gif
Why, Amel? Why!?!
14.gif

Back