I want a sew-in cause I want a thicker ponytail

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hi ladies, I'm thinking of getting a sew-in and then wearing my hair in a sleek ponytail. I know it sounds a lil off, but I want to rock a pony without damaging my hair and I want a thicker pony without using a phony pony. I'm thinking the sew-in will be a good ps for most of my hair. I want to leave some out in the front and just flat-iron it from time to time. So those of you that have had a sew-in, were you able to wear ponytails with it?

TIA

In order to wear the ponytail, hair has to be left out around the perimeter. It is also important to buy hair closest to your hair texture so that you don't have to do 50-11 million things to it to get it to blend.

Right now I'm checking out Halley's curls Natural collection.

I don't think that sounds 'off' at all. I do the same things as well as I don't really like wearing hair 'loose' all the time. But I agree with the above poster, leave out your outer perimeter to cover the tracks. I also saw a Youtube video recently where the young lady sewed her track underneath the perimeter braid so when pulled up you can't see a track. I've never done that personally so not sure if I would like that look.

Back