I WANT A NICE SMOOTH N SLICK BUN? Anyone...

Nanyanika

I have transitioning hair and would like to wear smooth, shiny, slick down buns when i remove my braids. Which products, methods or tools do you use to acheive this? Thanks in advance

I think it depends on your hair texture. If your hair is naturally silkier, it will be easier to get that slick, shiny look. My hair is coarse and no matter how much stuff I put on it or tie it down, its still puffy.

Shatani, maggies hair looks beautiful, i've got to try this method with the let's jam gel thanks for your help.

Shatani said:
Lets Jam extra hold (orange cap) does AMAZING things!! check out Maggie's Album!

I agree! That stuff is great. For me it slicks even better with a mix of pink oil moisturizer and something like 911 Leave-in (braid leave ins have worked, as well.)

Wow! I've got to try that! My question is does anyone know if Maggie used any water or did it just slick right down? I'm referencing the edges in particular, that is my problem.

After my hair is washed, I'll use some aloe vera gel, and in some cases I use it mixed with World of Curls. This has proven to be a deadly combination, because my hair dries with a chalky look. Now when I use the aloe vera gel, and then Let's Jam on top of it, I don't see the chalky look. Sometimes I get mixed results when I use either of these combinations on dry hair.

I see someone mentioned using the aloe vera gel with the coconut oil, which I have and have considered using before. I kinda have mixed feelings on using the coconut oil, because it's hard now, will melt once it gets in my hands, but then I'm thinking it will solidify on my hair and make it chalky. HOWEVER, I will take a chance and try it since it was recommended by one of my "sistahs".

Thanks ladies.

lonesomedove said:
Wow! I've got to try that! My question is does anyone know if Maggie used any water or did it just slick right down? I'm referencing the edges in particular, that is my problem.
there was no water....i asked her that too....her hair was fully dry and she just smoothed that Jam on and BAM! her hair looked fresh and smooth!

From my own experience, that Let's Jam is a pretty solid gel. It doesn't readily melt in your hands, so I have to make sure I break it down in my hands prior to applying it to my hair.

for me to get my real thick kinky natural hair into a super slick bun the main trick is smoothing gel(any kind) while hair is still soaking wet, brushing it down with a boars bristle brush and setting with a scarf for a 10 min.

miss blue....you and i both have the massive hair....in order for me to get a real smooth ponytail i have to do it in three tiers....do you have to do that??

Shatani said:
miss blue....you and i both have the massive hair....in order for me to get a real smooth ponytail i have to do it in three tiers....do you have to do that??

no i do it all at once in one big ponytail.

I tried the 2 and 3 tier method like your talking about but it looked kinda weird on me.

hmmm...that gives me hope!! maybe i wont have to do that once my hair gets longer!! :D

i have a hell of a time gathering all my hair into one decent semi smooth ponytail....i rarely attempt it anymore!

Shatani said:
there was no water....i asked her that too....her hair was fully dry and she just smoothed that Jam on and BAM! her hair looked fresh and smooth!

Is she using alot...??

i dont think so....she cautioned against using too much, cuz it would get greasy....so, i dont think shes using a lot....

Back