I tried the Ayurveda way today...

Crissi

Part 1

...I made a paste with hesh neem powder and water and applied it to my scalp - to prevent any ringworm. I also applied it to the two patches of ringworm i have on my arms and i applied it to my face, oh and i applied it to my ears because ezcema had flared up there. I left It all on for about 15-20 minutes and rinsed my face, ears, arm and scalp. Obviously i can't say my scalp is different its just "normal" i was only using the neem as a preventative method to adoiv the ringworm spreading. However on my armits drying out, it was already *kind of*goingaway slowly before i applied the neem paste, but i notice that the neem paste has dried it out further! As for the ezcema on my ear, its not flaking and flaring nore is ititching like crazythats "drying up" also. As for my face, my pores feel tighter. However you ladies are not lying neem STICKS it smells renk!

Conclusion: I like neem and i will keep abox of it always just in case my ezcema flares up or ringworm comes along. I'll also apply it to my scalponce a once just to maintains its health.

Part 2

After i rinsed the neem from my scalp i squeezed out the excess water and applied some amla oil to my hair/scalp. I let it sit there for about an hour and a half. I have used amla in the past and i've always liked the oil, i beleive it makes my hair feel a bit stronger. After rinsing i made another paste with

1 tablespoon - aritha
1 tablespoon - shkakai
2 tablespoons - amla powder
2 tablespoons - brahmi

(all the hesh brand)

I applied this one tomy hair and scalp - whilst it was still wet. I"washed" my hair with this paste. I had to rinse a million times to get the bits out, which was very annoying. I must say that my hair felt clean as if i clarified... and thats about it. I can see why others would like mixing powders and making pastes/teas but its not for me, the amount of time it takes to mix up a concoction and rinse i could have done washed and conditioned my hair. My hair doesn't feel bad but it doesn't feel as good as when i use my regular products. Give me my Allways moisturizing poo and con any day. Ayurveda is not for me. However i do like amla oil (always have) and vatika oil. I LOVE the neem powder minus the stank that is a keeper! I'll use these powders up on my skin, see if i like them on my skin the way i like the neem powder...

Sorry it didnt work out for you. :sad:

There are less challenging ways to use the powders now that you have them
Search under Ayurveda

When i made the paste for my daughter the first 2 days i kept taking it off and using the AF cream. The paste worked best when i left it on her face. For like 24 hours left it then rinsed it off and reapplied it.
That was when it started clearing up.

Well I tried the tea's and paste and I love them, but I tried Henna the other day, for the conditioning aspect( mixed some henna that already had amla and shikahi? in it) followed the directions for conditioning only no color change, left it on my hair for and hour, and baby..... when I took the cap off the henna was orange! When I applied it, it was green. My hair was a crazy reddish brown color around the edges and and and brown all over. I almost had a heart attack:lachen:. I did the unthinkable and applied a Bigen Oriental Black permanent over it:nono: WITHOUT checking the board. I know yall but I panicked. I could not go to work like that. But fortunately my hair didnt fall out, atleast not yet:ohwell:. Im Dcing as we speak. Maybe I should try a henna gloss, or just invest in some indigo as well.

Well I tried the tea's and paste and I love them, but I tried Henna the other day, for the conditioning aspect( mixed some henna that already had amla and shikahi? in it) followed the directions for conditioning only no color change, left it on my hair for and hour, and baby..... when I took the cap off the henna was orange! When I applied it, it was green. My hair was a crazy reddish brown color around the edges and and and brown all over. I almost had a heart attack:lachen:. I did the unthinkable and applied a Bigen Oriental Black permanent over it:nono: WITHOUT checking the board. I know yall but I panicked. I could not go to work like that. But fortunately my hair didnt fall out, atleast not yet:ohwell:. Im Dcing as we speak. Maybe I should try a henna gloss, or just invest in some indigo as well.

Girl, I almost fell out of this chair laughing!:lachen::lachen::lachen:It says to let it stay on for a while, but I know what happens to your skin when they give you a henna tatoo....no thank you. I leave it on for about 15 minutes max and start rinsing. Thanks for making me laugh...at least you were able to cover it, I would have had to go to work and have everyone question me all day or at least pretend like they like the change.

Maybe the powders are tricky to use. I don't think I want to risk using the powders on my hair. :nono: I'll stick to my Amla oil as a prepoo.

That's cool that it dried up your ringworm. I HATE ringworms! Keep using that neem powder and dry that sucker out!

Sorry it didn't work for your hair, that sucks. But at least you can say you tried it :yep:

Girl, I almost fell out of this chair laughing!:lachen::lachen::lachen:It says to let it stay on for a while, but I know what happens to your skin when they give you a henna tatoo....no thank you. I leave it on for about 15 minutes max and start rinsing. Thanks for making me laugh...at least you were able to cover it, I would have had to go to work and have everyone question me all day or at least pretend like they like the change.
:blush:Well atleast I know next time to leave it on for 15min but its going to be a minute, im still trying to recover... I called my friend and begged her to braid my hair next week so I can stop experimenting on myself. I will stick to my rinse for right now, atleast they will only darken my hair. Girl going to work with orange and brown hair was not an option. I would have had to steal one of my residents wigs :grin:

Which brand of henna did you use?

I used Aishwarya by Supreme Mehandi, i picked it up at my local indian store. Its in a green and gold bag

Hey missnurselady--
The next time you henna, make sure to use a BODY ART quality henna such as Jamila or fresh henna (www.hennasooq.com). Also, you can cover your edges with vaseline to make sure your skin doesnt get died. I do this every 3 months or so because I like the red highlights I get from it--I've never had orange edges. It is a huge pain to rinse out though, so I totally understand your frustration! HTH.

Back