I tried Profectiv last night...

angelita842002

And wow!!! I love it. I cowash my hair the other night and i i applied some profectiv mega growth then a little bit of the long and healthy some wgo on my scalp and sealed my hair and ends with some evoo.. My hair is so soft and smells great. I love creamy moisturizing leave ins so I wont have to use so much product and my hair loves it. I am so glad im stabilizing my regime so i wont use a million products like when I first started. Im trying to get products that can be used for different things. I gotta give it about a week before I say its one of my staples. but i think it doing good:)

angelita842002 said:
And wow!!! I love it. I cowash my hair the other night and i i applied some profectiv mega growth then a little bit of the long and healthy some wgo on my scalp and sealed my hair and ends with some evoo.. My hair is so soft and smells great. I love creamy moisturizing leave ins so I wont have to use so much product and my hair loves it. I am so glad im stabilizing my regime so i wont use a million products like when I first started. Im trying to get products that can be used for different things. I gotta give it about a week before I say its one of my staples. but i think it doing good:)

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I have used some of the provectic products, and they work really nicely. I am also trying to find those staple products, although for the most part I use nexxus and just try other products if I feel like being a PJ! :lol:

Glad to see you finding your staples because this will definitely become one of your staples..I, myself love the profective healthy ends..I'll have a fit if I run out..I also buy 2 or 3 @ a time and they last awhile:)

I tried the healthy ends the other night and sealed with jojoba and then put my hair in a braid and baggied. When I took off the baggy 2 days later, I didn't have 1 hair pulled out. I usually have 1 or 2 hairs that shed when I unbraid/remove baggy.

preciousjewel76 said:
Good for you! I like the BreakFree and Healthy Ends, but not two products you just used. To each her own, though.

Yup Breakfree and healthy ends are da bomb...
Was actually shopping (again) at the BSS and saw one called 'Anti Breakage Serum'...it looked good........

Had to fight with myself not to buy it...would ya'll belive that since joining LHCF i've bought no less than 60 hair items??? Some of which i've got no idea how to use?

That being said i need to buy 2 each of the healthy ends and breakfree
;)

angelita842002 said:
Do you air dry??

I like Breakfree, RootHealth, and Megagrowth. They don't build up on my hair and they leave it soft. The Megagrowth is especially good when you're several weeks post because water isn't the first ingredient!

All right now! I use the Mega Growth also! So creamy and l like the fragrance. I like the way it makes my hair feel.

I also use the Strength and Shine.

Happy to hear that you found products that you like!

angelita842002 said:
Yes I airdry in a bun bc i wash my hair at night. Ive been doing this since i started and my hair is lubbin it. :)
When I air dry in a bun my hair is still wet like a day later when the bun part down. For some reason that bugs me out! Does your hair dry in the bun? Is my hair wierd? I've been bunning and then sitting under my bonnett dryer with the heat on low... I don't like to go out with wet hair. I totally see the benefit of air drying...I just have to get over having wet hair...its cold now too <burrrrrrr>

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that Breakfree (I haven't tried the others) smells a bit fishy when you apply it? It's my only issue with the Profectiv line--there's a note in the melon fragrance that... just doesn't smell so fresh.

AtlantaJJ said:
When I air dry in a bun my hair is still wet like a day later when the bun part down. For some reason that bugs me out! Does your hair dry in the bun? Is my hair wierd? I've been bunning and then sitting under my bonnett dryer with the heat on low... I don't like to go out with wet hair. I totally see the benefit of air drying...I just have to get over having wet hair...its cold now too <burrrrrrr>

Its still a little moist but not wet. I let it dry a little bit before putting it in the bun and that works fine. My hair has to have the products applied on damp hair not dry. Also it will get super tangled if i let it dry to much. Maybe you should let it dry a little more b4 putting it in a bun.

Blu217 said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find that Breakfree (I haven't tried the others) smells a bit fishy when you apply it? It's my only issue with the Profectiv line--there's a note in the melon fragrance that... just doesn't smell so fresh.

I have never noticed that! I love the smell of breakfree! I gotta try the other formulas!

Back