I took the plunge, I Hennaed!

MissMusic

I am now apart of the Lovin Henna Club! My hair is stronger with a noticeable increase in thickness. Plus, I love the color! I know, no thread is valuable without pics, lol, so:

No Flash:
100_1044.jpg

Flash:
100_1053.jpg

Full Length:
100_1050.jpg

More Images in my fotki: in profile

Thanks Sareca and Kiesha8185 for the inspiration!

Last edited:
Wow! It looks great!

I wanna try Henna and Indigo so bad.... but I am scared. Plus it looks like it's a lot of work and hassle:ohwell: I am so lazy:nono:

Thanks ladies!!

SexySin: It really isn't any work until you have to shampooo, which is only only work because I have to do it four times. Its much simpler than it seems. Plus, once a month is worth it.

Last edited:
Had to share. I used my hands to apply the Henna, and it did die them a little. My SO saw my hair and liked it, then he saw my hands and said he didn't know that I was part Indian. Lame joke, I know, but funny none the less.

Looks nice! I really want to try henna, but I'm too chicken :perplexed...hopefully I'll get up the courage one day.

Congratulations.

I did henna last week for my first time! I thought about it for almost a full year and finally decided to do it! It's so worth it, just make sure you dc before and after your treatment

Oh it looks great!!! I've been thinking about this as well, as highlights, don't know what I'm going to do yet. But awesome job on it and it looks great on you! :)

Looks nice! I really want to try henna, but I'm too chicken :perplexed...hopefully I'll get up the courage one day.

ditto...I'm such a chicken as well. I might try it on my mom's hair first, since she colors, and her hair in finer than mine. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

The henna looks great! Did it make your hair seem thicker?

I tried it for the first time last week. It was no big deal at all. Made my hair feel thicker and it still looks glossy. Can't wait to do it again with indigo.

I did a double-take when I saw my name! :blush: I just saw henna, and HAD to :peek2:

I'm so happy that it worked out for you! I'm lovin the shine and fullness of your hair!

Whatever it is that you're doing, keep on doing it...I'm off to stalk your fotki!

Thanks Ladies!

MedMunky: Yes it certainly did, I don't know how it did it because my hair is already thick, but it is thicker. I'm glad it worked well for you too.

cutenappy: Henna is red, since my hair is dark it ended up a brownish color.

I did a double-take when I saw my name! :blush: I just saw henna, and HAD to :peek2:

I'm so happy that it worked out for you! I'm lovin the shine and fullness of your hair!

Whatever it is that you're doing, keep on doing it...I'm off to stalk your fotki!

Kiesha it was your Henna experience that convinced me to give it a try. I have been stalking your fotki journal about Henna and photo albums to make sure I get it right, lol.

Lol..I found one (shirt) similar at Target years ago.

Did you soak your Henna?
And if so, for how long? Did it stain your shower too? Sorry so many questions...
I'm staring at the henna stash I've got tapping my feet (I'm such a procrastinator :wallbash: plus fear of uncharted territory!!!)

Not a problem, questions are welcome. Yes I let my Henna sit overnight to be sure that the dye had time to release. I don't have any heat sources to sit it on to speed up the process and I was in no hurry. The Henna only stained my hair and my hands, not my sink, shower, bathroom floor, silver spoon, plastic container I put it in, nothing. I wasn't very careful, lol.

Lol..I found one (shirt) similar at Target years ago.

Did you soak your Henna? And if so, for how long? Did it stain your shower too? Sorry so many questions...
I'm staring at the henna stash I've got tapping my feet (I'm such a procrastinator :wallbash: plus fear of uncharted territory!!!)

Congratulations, and welcome to the "Lovin' Henna" Club. Love your color! I henna weekly, and love it. In fact, I've got henna on my hair right now, about to go wash it out with conditioner, and sit back under the dryer with a DC.

Weekly! I'm not sure my hair could take that much, but if that's you in your siggy, then its working quite well for you. Thanks and kuddos to you!

Back