I thought u could only buy lye if you're a professional!?

Dposh167

I'm prepping to do my own relaxer soon. And I was in the BSS looking around at relaxers, and I noticed small jars of lye relaxers from mostly all hair companies. But now I'm confused. I thought no lye was only sold to consumers and lye was sold to profs.

Are the strengths of these lye relaxers in the BSS the same as the ones professionals use?

I'm prepping to do my own relaxer soon. And I was in the BSS looking around at relaxers, and I noticed small jars of lye relaxers from mostly all hair companies. But now I'm confused. I thought no lye was only sold to consumers and lye was sold to profs.

Are the strengths of these lye relaxers in the BSS the same as the ones professionals use?

BSS stores sell to anybody that wants to purchase the products. Heres the catch, if something goes wrong with the "professional product you cant sue the company because it is considered a product that only "professionals" are supposed to know how to use. Companies donot stand behind any claims brought against them that are "professional products"

The strengths are the same, there is no difference. These products are what "professionals" use. I have heard that some BSS have outdated products but I have yet to encounter this problem, I live in Harlem and most there is a heavy turnaround time on most products. I use Mizani BB and I purchase the 30oz tub. I walk in take it off the shelf pay for it and leave.

BSS stores sell to anybody that wants to purchase the products. Heres the catch, if something goes wrong with the "professional product you cant sue the company because it is considered a product that only "professionals" are supposed to know how to use. Companies donot stand behind any claims brought against them that are "professional products"

The strengths are the same, there is no difference. These products are what "professionals" use. I have heard that some BSS have outdated products but I have yet to encounter this problem, I live in Harlem and most there is a heavy turnaround time on most products. I use Mizani BB and I purchase the 30oz tub. I walk in take it off the shelf pay for it and leave.

Ok thanks. I was confused if they were the same strengths or not. So basically, when I bought ORS relaxer in a tub years ago, it was a lye relaxer. Not a no-lye. I'm just now figuring this out.

Yes Myjourney, so true.

Please be careful when buying from BSS - some prof. products don't have expiration dates - or a date of production so you can be purchasing out of date stuff.

If I'm in a BSS and I see dust on a product - I most likely won't purchase.

I go to BSS in a large area, or I order online

Yes Myjourney, so true.

Please be careful when buying from BSS - some prof. products don't have expiration dates - or a date of production so you can be purchasing out of date stuff.

If I'm in a BSS and I see dust on a product - I most likely won't purchase.

I go to BSS in a large area, or I order online

This is true. They let products sit on the shelf until they sell. I've seen products in BSSs that I know have been discontinued for quite some time - even years. Or with old packaging. But they still have it sitting there on the shelf.

Just about all relaxers say that but you can still purchase them in bss.. It also depend on the relaxer company, I know that you have to be licensed to purchase affirm, indigo and elucence relaxer but not their other products like shampoo, conditioner, hair spray and mousse.

Back