I THOUGHT I knew what moisture was

daaiyah

But there is nothing like Aloe Vera Gel. Thicker than a liquid so it stays on. No residue and it smooths the hair. It absorbs quickly and leaves my hair shiny. It also cools the scalp.

Let me add that conditioner as a leave in has worked good for me too. I would have never tried this except a lady at work does only this and her hair is gorgeous.

So now I have a pretty mason jar with suave coconut contitioner, aloe vera gel and a little coconut oil (because I love it so) and I am good. I can even slather it with my heavy handed self.

I have got loads of shine without greasiness.

WoooHoooo!!!!

The gel is 100% aloe vera gel in a bottle from Walmart. It is clear, but it has preservatives in it.

I love it too! I use the food grade Aloe Vera that I get from Vitamin Shoppe. My hair don't do glycerin and so I basically do the same as the OP... I use my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish as my leave-in and style cream mixed with Aloe Vera... and I seal with coconut oil. My hair is so soft and shinny and the texture is wonderful.

Not sure if it's the Aloe Vera gel (Lily of the Desert from Wholefoods), but it makes my hair a lil' crunchy...

I call it liquid gold!!!! I love aloe vera. I use George's liquid aloe vera because it doesnt need refrigeration.

I love love love me some Aloe Vera, my hair hates glycerine too, so I started using AVG as a substitute, and :wow: my hair loves it!

I call it liquid gold!!!! I love aloe vera. I use George's liquid aloe vera because it doesnt need refrigeration.

Ahh! Thats another name for jojoba oil :yep:. Anywhoo be careful! make sure you put some type of preservative in your mix to prevent it from growing bacteria.

I think pretty much every post of mine this year has had the words food grade aloe vera in it. I use it daily on my scalp and on my hair (along with my leave-in). It is solely responsible for my hair having and retaining the kind of moisture it has this year.

Ladies will this be a good replacement for care free curl gold instant activator? I am not liking the gummy feeling that it leaves on my hair?

tia,
tishee

But there is nothing like Aloe Vera Gel. Thicker than a liquid so it stays on. No residue and it smooths the hair. It absorbs quickly and leaves my hair shiny. It also cools the scalp.

Let me add that conditioner as a leave in has worked good for me too. I would have never tried this except a lady at work does only this and her hair is gorgeous.

So now I have a pretty mason jar with suave coconut conditioner, aloe vera gel and a little coconut oil (because I love it so) and I am good. I can even slather it with my heavy handed self.

I have got loads of shine without greasiness.

WoooHoooo!!!!

Have you tried it with a rollerset?

i sooooo did not need to come up in here. i just threw away tons of products but i've never tried aloe vera gel so i gotta get that right??? :nono:

I jut bought some Aloe vera gel and rosewater today; and I am dying to use it. I wanted to know what the ratio is of water to AVG to glycerin. Also can I use castor oil or jojoba oil in the mix instead of the glycerin?

TIA,
bbd

My hair responds very well to the basics, including both glycerin and aloe vera gel. I keep a jug of LOD Aloe vera gel (edible) in the fridge and add in to my cowash as I see fit. It's really good stuff.

I can't stomach the smell enough to leave it in though, but the clear LOD aloe gel works great as a regular gel.

Mmmm - i've always found it (Aloe Vera Gel) makes my hair hard and the texture is a bit sticky on my hands. I might try mixing it with bit of oil to see if that makes a difference.

I might try the liquid one as a leave-in and see if that works better.

The aloe vera from the skincare section makes my hair hard, but the consumable (food grade) gel that I mix with my creamy leave-in and the juice/drink that I use in my moisture mist are what work for me. I think that is because purified water is the first ingredient and my hair always does well with water-based products of any kind.

The aloe vera from the skincare section makes my hair hard, but the consumable (food grade) gel that I mix with my creamy leave-in and the juice/drink that I use in my moisture mist are what work for me. I think that is because purified water is the first ingredient and my hair always does well with water-based products of any kind.

I'm gonna try this kind. I still have the link you posted previously. What else is in your moisture mist? Thanks ADW!

OT: Daaiyah...I love your hair toys!

Last edited:
Back