I Thought A Bug Was Crawling On Me...

I'm in NYC. Yeah, from what I could gather I'm guessing it's some kind of Longhorn beetle. I usually don't like to kill big bugs (I hate the mess it makes) but this one had me feeling some type of violated way. So I flushed him down the toilet.:look:

I shampooed my hair twice but @KinksAndInk has me scared about eggs so I'll be doing an Aphogee protein treatment as well this weekend. Maybe it'll act like DDT for the scalp??

Thanks to everyone complimenting my hair!

@shortdub78 My hair is about 8" long, which on me is chin length in the front and almost APL in the back when stretched. After over 10 years of doing stupid stuff to my hair, I finally reached BSL two years ago thanks to this site and decided to celebrate by going to a salon. Well, I'm sure you can guest how that worked out. But it's comin' back and this time around I've vowed to do right by my hair.

My hair is thin to medium density and fine. Thank goodness for natural hair and moderate frizz! It gives the illusion of thick hair. Roux Anti-Aging porosity control shampoo and conditioner along with Taliah Waajid's curl souffle are honestly the only products I use and I'm getting the best definition and moisture I've ever had in 18 years.

I'm glad this story is serving as a PSA and that folks are checking their hair. Personally, I'll be checking my hair every time I come from outside. You won't catch me slippin' twice!
You in NYC? Oh hell nah. I need to watch out. Because I would fall out if I saw one of those things.

I remember once a bird pooped in my hair and I didn't even know because my fro was so fluffy and high that day. I was at 5 Pointz in Queens before it closed and was walking around with bird **** at the top of my hair. Now that was a nightmare. Having to wash that out...after it dried!!!!! Ugh! I'm getting teary eyed all over again just thinking about it.

You in NYC? Oh hell nah. I need to watch out. Because I would fall out if I saw one of those things.

I remember once a bird pooped in my hair and I didn't even know because my fro was so fluffy and high that day. I was at 5 Pointz in Queens before it closed and was walking around with bird **** at the top of my hair. Now that was a nightmare. Having to wash that out...after it dried!!!!! Ugh! I'm getting teary eyed all over again just thinking about it.

They say bird poop landing on your hair is supposed to be good luck :lachen:

OMG!!! I would have died!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am absolutely petrified of bugs. One time I was driving having a good ole time. When I went to look at my pant leg, there was a stink bug on it!! I literally screamed at the top of my lungs, slammed on my brakes, put the car in park, jumped out of the car and was just flailing my arms. The guy behind me in his car, almost hit my car. My mom was in the passenger seat and she thought I was having a seizure.

Chile if that thing was on my head, I probably would have ripped my head off.

:nono2: I put bugs right up there with lions and tigers and bears. They may mean no harm but sometimes they play too much and people get hurt. They can't fool me with their small size. Nah! At the very least, this thread has shown that they are straight disrespectful! @MeaWea and @coolhandlulu :bighug:

Also, I think we need a picture thread for head coverings. There are stylish ways we can protect our hair from bugs, rain, damage from the sun, snow, wind, and just for plain old fashion. I need some inspiration! @prettybyrd should we look forward to seeing your dollar store hat there?

I'll share when I get home tomorrow, but I can't guarantee that will show a pic of me wearing it! :lachen:

Wow...just wow!!! You are so much better than me!! You handled it so well!!!! Thankfully, that has not ever happened to me...to my knowledge, at least! :eek::look:

Back