"I think you've worn your hair in a bun every day this month"

MissAn

:look: NOT TRUE.

Today my SO said he prefers I wear my hair down.

...it isn't even THAT long yet!!! I'm between SL and APL and I've been majorly focusing on retention and healthy ends. This means no grazing on my shirt :nono:, so I've been bunning and protective styling :yep:. I'm also trying not to wear extensions.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A COMPROMISE?? DOES ANYONE ELSE DEAL WITH THIS? :wallbash:

I don't deal with it, but I say you can try doing other types of protective styles instead of just a bun. I bun 24 / 7 so I wouldn't be able to help you in the hairstyle department :lachen: I'm sure some other ladies will chime in!

If you're interested in wearing your hair out, you can try styles like flexi rods and rollersets. Your ends will be curled so they'll be off your shirt.

I think most men get bored with the standard bun day in and day out...

I would:
rollerset
flexirod
bantu knot out

Wear any of the above mentioned in a messy bun with hair framing the face, or pinned up in the back with hair framing the face...anything with hair framing the face while the back is pinned up (to the side is also a way to switch it up) will give the needed variation. Plus, it's perfect for summer as the weather heats up.

I think most men get bored with the standard bun day in and day out...

I would:
rollerset
flexirod
bantu knot out

Wear any of the above mentioned in a messy bun with hair framing the face, or pinned up in the back with hair framing the face...anything with hair framing the face while the back is pinned up (to the side is also a way to switch it up) will give the needed variation. Plus, it's perfect for summer as the weather heats up.

I agree. You can add hair toys such as Flexi 8's and also wear headbands. Try leaving tendrils out and changing the position of the bun on your head. Try leaving the ends out or making more than one bun. Try using hair combs. Loose casual buns look nice too. Braided buns are great. There are so many bun and updo variations.

I haven't worn a bun EVERY day. He is just exaggerating. Big baby. I get a little hair on my head and he wants to see it all the time. Lol.

Maybe I'll start switching it up more or do the half-wigs so he can see more of my hair.

Or maybe I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. :evillaugh:

Last edited:
Rollerset and wear loose sexy up-dos once in a while as an alternative. Invest in some cute clips in different colors to have fun with it in the summer months. Also thin headbands.

I haven't worn a bun EVERY day. He is just exaggerating. Big baby. I get a little hair on my head and he wants to see it all the time. Lol.

Maybe I'll start switching it up more or do the half-wigs so he can see more of my hair.

Or maybe I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. :evillaugh:
He'll be thankful once u take it down and he sees how much it has grown if u did.

Must be anti PS season for the guys...someone just created a thread about her DH not liking them too.

Try a rollerset and pin in it up with a few curls framing your face. This is the PS I used on weekends when I got tired of bunning during the week :)

I guess you have to remember your goal and explain to you so what you are trying to accomplish. My son is 10-he prefers ponytail on me-but now that he sees my progress-he understands...My hubby is VERY supportive(He's caucasin) He prefers the braidout-matter of fact LOVES the braidout,but I have a goal so I will bun or get some kinda braids after my sisters wedding in July.
Point is-everyone will have their preferred style for you but ultimately you have to do you and focus on the big picture...reaching your goal!

Back