I think I've finally found a home church!

Kinkyhairlady

Ladies I have been praying for a long time for God to direct me to a church that I would feel spiritually blessed. For years I would visit churches but it was the same ole church politics with folks gossiping and living double lives.
I found the members to be very fake and I could not be around that.

Recently I decided to google churches in my neighborhood and came across this one church's page, I noticed pictures of the members and it looked diverse but I was still skeptical because I live in a suburb that is not diverse but I said I'd check it out but if I were the only minority I would most likely not go back. well when I walked in praise and worship was on stage and they were black to my surprise! I breathed a sigh of relief and when I looked around there were flags of different countries including my own, that was a clear sign for me. I almost started to cry because this was the sign I was praying for something that would stand out. The pastor was pretty good as well, he brought a good message and I felt blessed after service. The only think I did not like was that they did not welcome visitors. Someone gave me a folder in the beginning but I would have liked for folks to welcome me after service. In any case I feel I've found a place I can attend every Sunday and hopefully become a member in the near future. God does hear our prayers, we just need to be patient.

Good for you..to me none of the other little things don't matter as long as you are getting spiritually fed then its where you need to be.And if you really feel this is it then maybe your could start that area of a welcome committee.

Back