I think it's psychological!!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
OMG!! My scalp hasn't been excessively been itching until today! I've decided to get my hair permed tomorrow and it is taking every fiber in my being not to dig through to my hair and SCRATCH!! I so think this is psychological. It happens to me always on the day before I get a perm. Is it just me??

Happens to me all the time when I plan my retouches weeks in advance. If I get up one day and say hey, I think I need my hair done I'm at the salon in about three hours and the psychological bit doesn't have time to sink in so there's no itching.

I think so too cause the day before and the day of my perm, my scalp was itching like crazy. I felt like I had my hair braided for too long and it was time to get them out!

OMG!! My scalp hasn't been excessively been itching until today! I've decided to get my hair permed tomorrow and it is taking every fiber in my being not to dig through to my hair and SCRATCH!! I so think this is psychological. It happens to me always on the day before I get a perm. Is it just me??

:lachen:I just think we are more aware of it itching. If we knew we werent supposed to scratch our scalp, we would just do it without thinking of it and it would be over. Now that you know you cant, all you can do is just sit there and think about how much it itches. I dont even realize when i am scratching my head untill i do it too hard or somthing.

Nope, it's not only you. The day before my last relaxer (in July), my scalp itched like the dickens! From Mar to that time, my scalp barely itched, so that day made up for all that time with no itchies. :lol:

The day before a relaxer, I pat my head to no end....

You are not in that boat by yourself. I have a touch up in 7.5 hours and I am dying. I just want to get one good scratch in.....but I can't.

I have to give my beautician some credit. There have been times when I scratched like I had fleas, the day before a touch up. I warned my beautician and I did not even burn. Jeri (that is my beautician's name) can lay a perm like nobody's business.

When it comes to her applying hair color...that is another story.

I am so glad I am not the only one with this problem.

My scalp usually only itches when it needs to be washed, but all a sudden its starts itching something serious the day before a perm.

Let me jump on board! I had to cancel my relaxer this week because of the itching...now a day later after I was supposed to get relaxer and I have no itching...coincidence? I think not. It's mental.

Back