I think it's a good idea....

naijaGal

Yeah, yeah, I know. I've finally recovered from over 5yrs of traction alopecia now I want to add chemicals to my hair. Well, my sisters I can't comb the darn thing anymore. It gives me a headache.

So here's my question: Does anyone know of any good hairdressers out there (in London) who texlax. I don't want to go for a full bone striaght relaxer I just need to soften the texture a bit so combing is less painful. I think I have about 2" of hair.

I'm more than willing to go to someone's house to do it, doesn't need to be a swanky salon.

TIA

nG

Off topic: I think this is confirmation why I need to relax this weekend. I got a headache just trying to manipulate my new growth last night!

I know that this thread is WAAAAY old by now but I just thought I'd share the name of my new hairdresser. Her name is Sarah Kesh (I think she even has a site - I think its called hair by sarh kesh 07543674659). She is lovely very professional and does not do the bone strait no hair thing. I think if you just communicated to her what you want she would be happy to oblige. All in all I had a relaxer, treatment, cut and blowdry for 45 GPB (two weeks ago). Hair was banging - all soft and bouncy.

I will also PM you naijagirl.

Btw off topic I note that you finally recovered from the 5 yrs of traction alopecia (btw I belive that makes you a real survivor). Anyway I am 3 yrs down the line (same story overly tight braids). I stopped braiding in Sept 2006 and have seen some encouraging signs in that time. A previous hairdresser (where I steam my hair) told me you spent ages abusing it so be patient trying to grow it back.

Anyway before I digress Naijagirl what did you find finally worked in the end???

Thanks !

Back