I think Im predisposed to THIN Hair!

Wildkat08

I have fine and thin, basically "see through" natural 3B hair. I love my curls, and am able to wear it straight easily as well, but honestly, I'm constantly concerned about whether my scalp is showing in the back of my head, no matter what style I wear.

I really think I'm predisposed for female pattern baldness. My hair is only thin in the crown, and my sister who is 9 years older than me (im 27) was damn near completely blad about 3 years ago. She is so low maintenence, so just wears a wig, but im not. I love my hair! I want my hair! I'm determined to keep my hair! Mine has not gotten even close to that bad, but it has noticely thinned over the years. Im still a newbie, so no set reggie yet, but I've started taking saw palmetto, zinc, b6, msm, and biotin daily and am thinking about mega-tek for thickness. Any suggestions?.. I really value u ladies opinions'!!

I have fine and thin, basically "see through" natural 3B hair. I love my curls, and am able to wear it straight easily as well, but honestly, I'm constantly concerned about whether my scalp is showing in the back of my head, no matter what style I wear.

I really think I'm predisposed for female pattern baldness. My hair is only thin in the crown, and my sister who is 9 years older than me (im 27) was damn near completely blad about 3 years ago. She is so low maintenence, so just wears a wig, but im not. I love my hair! I want my hair! I'm determined to keep my hair! Mine has not gotten even close to that bad, but it has noticely thinned over the years. Im still a newbie, so no set reggie yet, but I've started taking saw palmetto, zinc, b6, msm, and biotin daily and am thinking about mega-tek for thickness. Any suggestions?.. I really value u ladies opinions'!!

Hi Wildkat08,
if that is your hair in your signature then it looks quite thick! Hair is genetic but TLC and good conditioning and regular protein treatments, as well as your diet, should help. You could also check with your doctor for any underlying medical problems, which could be genetic. Also look at the tools you use. Some snag and tear the hair. Perhaps worrying about your hair causes unnecessary stress on your hair. But your hair does not look that thin from your signature picture.

MeechUK

Last edited:
You are on the right track by doing what you do! :yep:

I'm predisposed to thin/fine tresses too. :yep:

You can see my scalp when freshly relaxed. I wear my hair up in protective styles most of the time because it just doesn't look all that great when I wear it out. I supplement a healthy diet with vitamins and superfoods. I exercise, drink water and teas and handle my hair very gently, like fine silk. Our hair is fragile and needs tender care.

But I'm ok with that :yep:

I'm in my 50s and it's about this time in life there is even more genetic thinning. However thanks to finding and using the right products, tools and techniques for our type of hair, I've been able to keep thinning and balding at bay. Thank God for LHCF!

There is a Thin/Fine Support thread for ladies with our hair type. If you haven't checked it out yet, do so and subscribe. You'll find more tips to make your hair look and feel fuller.

HHG!

Hi Wildkat08,
if that is your hair in your signature then it looks quite thick! Hair is genetic but TLC and good conditioning and regular protein treatments, as well as your diet, should help. You could also check with your doctor for any underlying medical problems, which could be genetic. Also look at the tools you use. Some snag and tear the hair. Perhaps worrying about your hair causes unnecessary stress on your hair. But your hair does not look that thin from your signature picture.

MeechUK

Thanks Meech, but trust me, its not thick! I do everything I can to make it "look" thick, but at any moment some of my strands could shift and show my scalp:perplexed... I hate it!

You are on the right track by doing what you do! :yep:

I'm predisposed to thin/fine tresses too. :yep:

You can see my scalp when freshly relaxed. I wear my hair up in protective styles most of the time because it just doesn't look all that great when I wear it out. I supplement a healthy diet with vitamins and superfoods. I exercise, drink water and teas and handle my hair very gently, like fine silk. Our hair is fragile and needs tender care.

But I'm ok with that :yep:

I'm in my 50s and it's about this time in life there is even more genetic thinning. However thanks to finding and using the right products, tools and techniques for our type of hair, I've been able to keep thinning and balding at bay. Thank God for LHCF!

There is a Thin/Fine Support thread for ladies with our hair type. If you haven't checked it out yet, do so and subscribe. You'll find more tips to make your hair look and feel fuller.

HHG!

Thanks for the support January, and for posting the blog! Its inspiring that youve been able to control the issue :grin:

You are not alone! My hair is sooooo thin- but I have been successful in slowing down the hair loss. 99% of the time hair loss in women is hormonal, and it is always good to check with your Dr. to see what you might be lacking in. You are taking some really good hair boosting supplements too.

Like January Noir I wear a lot of protective styles, my hair is getting a little bit thicker, but I always feel so self conscious when it is down.

Mega tek will definitely help with thickness, also Henna is good, and castor oil is good too.

Your hair does not look thin at all in your siggy. Be encouraged it will take some time but you can turn it around.

You are not alone! My hair is sooooo thin- but I have been successful in slowing down the hair loss. 99% of the time hair loss in women is hormonal, and it is always good to check with your Dr. to see what you might be lacking in. You are taking some really good hair boosting supplements too.

Like January Noir I wear a lot of protective styles, my hair is getting a little bit thicker, but I always feel so self conscious when it is down.

Mega tek will definitely help with thickness, also Henna is good, and castor oil is good too.

Your hair does not look thin at all in your siggy.
Be encouraged it will take some time but you can turn it around.

I agree with your post especially the bolded :yep:.
Most of us with Thin/Fine hair when the hair is healthy looks great.

I think we are particularly hard on ourselves especially because there are so many ladies on the Forums here and in our personal lives that tell us how thick there hair is and we can see it too. :ohwell:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks locabouthair!! Okay, here are some things I'm gonna try based on the advice from you ladies:

1) Keep taking my supplements and be patient

2) start adding castor oil to conditioners (any advice on how muchto add?)

3) Step it up on protein; I think I've been underdoing for fear of breakage, but thats just resulted in wimpt strands

4) I really wanna try henna, but for some reason the thought of soing it intimidates me... maybe because of the various different reviews on it. Some love it, some hate! Plus I would just die if it colored my hair (I'm jet black). Any advice on getting over my henna fears?

U LHCF ladies are GREAT!!! I truly feel like within a year or 2 of being on this site, I will be able to care for my own tresses way better than most stylists can! LHCF has covered everything I can think of!

Back