i think im over dosing on biotin lol

divatude

this might be to much tmi but anywho, ive been taking biotin since febuary i started out with 1000 mcgs and now ive been takin 10,000 mcgs and some days 5,000 mcgs im getting good growth from it but all of a sudden i have to pee alot has this ever happen to anyone else?

i stopped taking biotin for a while and i dont have to pee as much anymore, but when i was takin biotin i had to pee like every 3 hours, did i over dose on biotin?

How much water are you taking daily? When I'm steady with my vitamins I'm also increasing my water intake which means a lot more bathroom breaks.

you may be taking too much...biotin is considered "water soluble", meaning that it is not stored in the body and simply eliminated through our urine. You don't need more than 1000mcg of it. I was taking 5,000mcg at first because I didnt know there were differences and I just picked up the only bottle I saw at Wal-Mart but I got scared when I read of people experiencing breakouts so I just take pre-natal vitamins instead.

I am currently taking nutrition so I was happy to learn that there is no such thing as overdosing on biotin because there are no known side affects of toxicity. It is water-soluble so the excess is stored with pee. When I started taking biotin I started drinking more water. You can catch me running to the bathroom at work every thirty minutes or so!:grin:

...If it leads to another inch it is worth it.

Back