I Think I'm Going to Relax...

I am sure your hair will be fine. You have obviously learned to take gook care of your hair so it will go so much better this time.

I totally agree. I'm relaxed again after being natural and because of what I learned while natural, really helps me while relaxed. Things like combing thru my hair while wet in the shower, detangling dry with no comb, dealing with my ng instead of perming every 4 weeks, etc. Sometimes I see someone natural and I get a bit jealous, but then I remember the hours I spent twisting my hair and I get over it.

I think You'll be Fine. You have a Great Support System Here. Answers to just about every/any question you might have.

I feel your Hair will thrive and you'll be pleased. Texlaxing also may give you the best of both Worlds. So, you might consider that.

Best Wishes whatever decision you decide to make.

We're Here for you!

SerenavanderWoodsen

Have you tried the Nexxus ProMend and/or FrizzFree lines? I have 3b/3c hair that is frizzy at the hairline and the ends, very puffy in humidity and about two inches below bra strap). Before I started using the Nexxus, I couldn't let my hair out loose or my brother would start calling me Chaka Khan. :lachen:

About three months ago I started alternating between the two product lines from Nexxus and I can't believe it's really my hair! Even when I go to bed with a wet head, when I wake up it's smooth and shiny and NO frizz unless I brush it too much. (Best for me is to spray with some water and reapply the leave in the gold bottle, not the white one,) The curls are perfect and frizz-free, though most of the time i just slick it back with ProMend serum and put it in a single long braid. The other day i flat ironed it and couldn't believe how much it had grown! Best of all, no breakage and no split ends! A couple of weeks ago i bought some Hydroquench prodcts, which i love, but my go-to products are Nexxus.

Anyway, I KNEW one day they would nvent something that would help my hair. Maybe you can give these a try if you're reluctant to start relaxing again.

@SerenavanderWoodsen

Have you tried the Nexxus ProMend and/or FrizzFree lines? I have 3b/3c hair that is frizzy at the hairline and the ends, very puffy in humidity and about two inches below bra strap). Before I started using the Nexxus, I couldn't let my hair out loose or my brother would start calling me Chaka Khan. :lachen:

About three months ago I started alternating between the two product lines from Nexxus and I can't believe it's really my hair! Even when I go to bed with a wet head, when I wake up it's smooth and shiny and NO frizz unless I brush it too much. (Best for me is to spray with some water and reapply the leave in the gold bottle, not the white one,) The curls are perfect and frizz-free, though most of the time i just slick it back with ProMend serum and put it in a single long braid. The other day i flat ironed it and couldn't believe how much it had grown! Best of all, no breakage and no split ends! A couple of weeks ago i bought some Hydroquench prodcts, which i love, but my go-to products are Nexxus.

Anyway, I KNEW one day they would nvent something that would help my hair. Maybe you can give these a try if you're reluctant to start relaxing again.

This sounds interesting. I will have to check it out for sure, thanks for the rec!

So i bought the tub of Silk Elements Regular Lye yesterday and a fresh bottle of the neutralizing shampoo. Under ten dollars for both plus a tint brush, man I love Sally's.
I should have the balls to do this by mid next week :look:. I got the Regular this time since the Mild seems to revert so easily. I literally relaxed the back of my hair where the curls are tightest, maybe 3c or so , THREE times over the course of a year and only on the third time did the mild really take... My hair seems to love lye, i would never use no lye again.

Last edited:
Back