I think I might have found the culprit..

MzLady78

that's breaking my hair.

I looked closely at my hair the other day and I think what's breaking is my colored ends. The hairs that are still black look pretty healthy but my ends look horrible. They weren't being moisturized frequently while I was doing the phony pony with weave hair, which probably made it worse.

I've switched to a drawstring pony and have been baggying my ends underneath. I'm eventually gonna switch styles altogether, but I haven't decided to what yet.

Does anyone agree that this may be the problem?

locabouthair said:
that could be it. did you bleach or did you dye?

It was dyed.

This was before I moved to AZ but I wasn't taking very good care of it while I was out there at all. And I was completely stressed out at the time too.

I agree with you. Try ORS Carrot oil is works great as a moisturizer and do a DC next time. I tried Porosity control and Miss keys 10 in 1 i have stopped shedding. HHG :)

Closer1 said:
I agree with you. Try ORS Carrot oil is works great as a moisturizer and do a DC next time. I tried Porosity control and Miss keys 10 in 1 i have stopped shedding. HHG :)

I have PC and carrot oil and I always deep condition with ORS replenishing pak.

I definitely think I need to work on the moisture.

Do you think it's necessary to cut the ends off? Are they even salvageable at this point?

a small trim i mean small would help. I don't trim I dust from time to time taking off like 1/4 of an inch all around my hair has gotten much thicker. Progress takes time so be patient DC and moisturize. get some JBCO. HHG

Closer1 said:
a small trim i mean small would help. I don't trim I dust from time to time taking off like 1/4 of an inch all around my hair has gotten much thicker. Progress takes time so be patient DC and moisturize. get some JBCO. HHG

I've been debating about the JBCO. But I think there was a poll done comparing it to regular old CO and most people said they didn't think there was that much of a difference.

PC is always a good idea if you have shedding issues. For breakage issues I find it to be rather iffy. PC or ACV rines will make the hair cutitles lay down which is what you want.

BUT, if the hair is fragile and breaking already, you may need to do a hardcore protien treatment followed by a good DC.

I always use soft protiens on a weekly basis *keraphix* so I don't have to do the harder ones. Some people can, some can't, but if you can, it may be more ideal to do than a hardcore one every 4-6 weeks.

As far as daily moisterizers you may need to moisterize a lot more if you're finding your ends are extremely dry.

I use carefree curl gold which helps to keep my hair from being dry, but, I can't use a lot because it can make the hair kinda gunky too.

ORS carrot oil is also good for moisture (but the smell..blah)

I also mist my hair with rose water before I apply moisterizers because because I find my hair stays softer and is more receptive to what I put on it. (I dont know why it does but I guess my hair is just picky that way:lol: ) This may be something to try if you're not baggying. I wouldn't recommend it if you are though.

The deep cons you'll want to keep up on for sure. If you're not already doing once a week or every other week it sounds like it may be time to start.

Also, you need to destress woman!!! I think once you get that brought under control you may also find some hair issues you're having stop.:kiss:

-A

Arcadian said:
PC is always a good idea if you have shedding issues. For breakage issues I find it to be rather iffy. PC or ACV rines will make the hair cutitles lay down which is what you want.

BUT, if the hair is fragile and breaking already, you may need to do a hardcore protien treatment followed by a good DC.

I always use soft protiens on a weekly basis *keraphix* so I don't have to do the harder ones. Some people can, some can't, but if you can, it may be more ideal to do than a hardcore one every 4-6 weeks.

As far as daily moisterizers you may need to moisterize a lot more if you're finding your ends are extremely dry.

I use carefree curl gold which helps to keep my hair from being dry, but, I can't use a lot because it can make the hair kinda gunky too.

ORS carrot oil is also good for moisture (but the smell..blah)

I also mist my hair with rose water before I apply moisterizers because because I find my hair stays softer and is more receptive to what I put on it. (I dont know why it does but I guess my hair is just picky that way:lol: ) This may be something to try if you're not baggying. I wouldn't recommend it if you are though.

The deep cons you'll want to keep up on for sure. If you're not already doing once a week or every other week it sounds like it may be time to start.

Also, you need to destress woman!!! I think once you get that brought under control you may also find some hair issues you're having stop.:kiss:

-A

Thanks for the tips, A! I will definitely keep them in mind.

HERicane10 said:
So glad you narrowed down the problem! Now just work your plan girl to get that hair in tiptop shape! :)

Thanks girl!

I hope I'm right, but I do think that's at least part of the problem. I mean the difference between the rest of my hair that's still black and the colored ends is huge.

MzLady78 said:
Thanks girl!

I hope I'm right, but I do think that's at least part of the problem. I mean the difference between the rest of my hair that's still black and the colored ends is huge.
If thats the case then i would agree with getting a small trim. Since you're already baggying and wearing a phony pony you wouldnt even notice. Just protect the hell out of those ends afterwards:lol: ! I also use JBCO which is very good on my ends. I have thick hair already but it thickened my ends up quickly. I dont think that it has to be jbco you probably can use regular castor oil. thats just what i use. HTH.

Back